Soc180 (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i am looking at choosing an elective which can get me a credit. I was told this subject is an easier option to get good marks with. Can anyone give me some info on the structure of this subject, eg the type of assessments etc..

HSC
N/A
lol...

IMO the only real "easy" ones are the rote-learnt, multiple-choice only subjects, ie MKTG101 and BBA111. Ie anything that doesn't require true understanding and good writing and researching skills.

Personally I really enjoyed this subject though. You'll do two written assessments and finish it off with either a final hand-in assessment or an exam, I can't remember which.

uh_huh2

HSC
The assessments were 2 essays which added up 2 60%, i think 10% class participation and 30% final exam which was made up of 5 little essays.

It's one of those subjects were you can do really well in or really bad. It's not easy marks but it was a very interesting course.

HSC
N/A
As an aside, most people I know tend to do really well in EITHER cul100 OR soc180. I do know a few people who are smart enough to do well at both, but the writing styles required for those two units are so similar, yet so different...

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Ling109 is a really easy unit. The exam in the unit was only worth 25% and the assignments (worth 60%) were mainly based on the tutorial questions which we had discussed in class anyway. Most people I know did really well in the unit and had enjoyed it too.

HSC
N/A
ARTS100 is also ridiculously easy, if you enjoy the content :) my favourite uni course ever...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ISYS123 or JPN123, easiest units at the uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)