So worried!! UAI or WAM counted?? (1 Viewer)

ffutsdoog

HSC
Hey guys I did the hsc in 2008 enrolled in engo at unsw for 2009. It was so hard that I applied for "discontinuation at end of 1st semester" As a result I no longer tried for anything since I was told by unsw it wouldnt count if i reapplied for uni for start of 2010. (WAM was 20)

However I just got of the phone with UAC and they said that I have to declare the semester i did when i reapply for undergrad entry for 2010.

I am so worried.. my uai was 90.4 and this will get me into the course i want but if they consider my WAM i am SO SCREWED its not funny. I desperately need info on this... Does anyone know if the uni will care? its just one semester i've done!!

Thanks in advance.

Andi0390

HSC
You have to declare everything you have done with UAC but they don't take your GPA into consideration until you have done years worth of study.

I would be under the impression they would only take your UAI into account. Don't take my word for it but I am pretty sure about it.

rx34

HSC
Yep i agree with the above post, I'm pretty sure they're just going to take your UAI into consideration.

ffutsdoog

HSC
Yep i agree with the above post, I'm pretty sure they're just going to take your UAI into consideration.

Thanks, but in the case that they do take my uni marks (since i failed all 4 subjects), what would that drag me down to in terms of uni entry rank?

With a uai of 91 and a WAM of 20, would that mean my entrance mark becomes (91+20)/2 which would be a lowly 55. because in this case i'm screwed since no courses req. a score this low.

What courses then should i put down as backup in this case?

Thanks!

witide

HSC
lol don't worry. If you only did 1 semester, they won't count your uni marks. It'll just be your UAI. I'm in the same boat as you, going from engineering to another program. It's written somewhere on the UAC website if you want to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)