So... who went to see the Harlos Production of King Lear at Bondi? (1 Viewer)

woho

HSC
We went to see it today as a school, and I was wondering who else went and their thoughts on the play?

:bomb:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maths... the only place where a punctuation mark can turn 0 into 1

princesskt

HSC
We're going on Wednesday. Well we're leaving tomorrow but we're seeing it wednesday. was it good?

kkkkaitlyn

HSC
i got so lost in that play
though it was alrite
but very .... long

woho

HSC
Lets just say it wasnt *exactly* what you'd expect. Am i right?

jazzmuzik

HSC
yeah we're going next week.

I am really NOT enjoying studying King Lear atm! i find it so boring and irrelevent, I usually have no problems studying Shakespeare, but i dont like this play!!

Hopefully my opinion may change once i actually see it...

princesskt

HSC
Well. They did leave alot out of the play.. um it was good, it was interesting.. yea it was long, but it sure didnt feel like 3 hours.. it felt like it went much shorter lol..

zagga20

HSC
princesskt said:
it felt like it went much shorter lol..
If this is the production that had the Japanese Influences in it... then well >_> something didnt appear to be shorter...

spangacrab

HSC
We saw it yesterday and went to the King Lear study day today at UNSW.
Yeah the play is different. "Poor toms a cold".

Omg...the study day was the most boring piece of shit i have ever been through, 5 friggin hours of the shit, seriously the most boring 5 hours of my life. I kid you not.

princesskt

HSC
spangacrab said:
We saw it yesterday and went to the King Lear study day today at UNSW.
Yeah the play is different. "Poor toms a cold".

Omg...the study day was the most boring piece of shit i have ever been through, 5 friggin hours of the shit, seriously the most boring 5 hours of my life. I kid you not.
ew study day yuk lol.. im over those study days lol

toms a cold... tehehe

revhead.meg

HSC
do you guys think its necessary to watch an actual performance of the play? coz we're watchin the dvd already in call but like we've still gonna watch the production. that one at bondi was like recommended we go...
but i dont think i wanna now lol

spangacrab

HSC
Nah go revhead.meg. Its entertaining. It gives you a greater insight into the play that you don't get by watching a movie or reading a book.
You get too see what you want to see unlike a movie.
You get to gauge other characters reactions and facial expressions, its worthwhile and its pretty good. Better than most movies.

zagga20

HSC
Just to make sure, Poor Tom pulled out an overly sized penis and chased the fool around when others watched it right...?
i saw it on wednesday, and my teachers are trying to figure out why they put it in lol.

" What "influences" did this production have?
Like where is it set and stuff??"

It was still set in England (w/e) with france comming over for battle... the japanese style really made it strange. especially when the French came over for a Kung-fu Battle >_>...

God i hope im talking about the right production...

princesskt

HSC
bahaha it was funny coz we came down on tuesday and some people wanted to see Tim Mitchon (sp?) and the teachers were like no its adult content (or watever) then we go see tthis.. hmm yes..

gottalovegatti

HSC
i liked it.
With regards to the influences, it was still set in the same places as the text.
The japanese setting is merely symbolic of the heirarchical order of the society in which they live, discipline etc

ICH NI SAN CHI GOH RUK HICH HATCH KU JU!
Loved the massive dildo...thaaaaaaat was funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)