So who made it into pharmacy this year? (1 Viewer)

rossverg

HSC
Yeah I did too!! I wonder what the UAI cut-off was this year :S

Grangern

HSC
I made it in too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called up USYD to find out the cutoff and apparently it has gone down to 95.55!:eek:

HSC
Me too! xD If you had gone back several months and told me I was going to make it into Pharmacy without having to do MedSci and transfer or something, I would have thought you were nuts. xP Go us!

P.S. Anyone had a look at the handbook yet? I wonder how many credit points we have to do in one semester - cause the whole course looks freaking HUGE. oO"

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
11 people from my school got into Pharmacy this year....but I'm not one of them...lol

Winx

HSC
Yay!! Me too!! Go team pharmacy!! Don't we do 48 credit points per year? Anyone figured out when we enrol?

Sorry velvet, I have no idea about rural pharmacy.

*in de-nile*

HSC
Not sure about the Rural cut off either but for the credit points, yep, we have to do 8 subjects in first year, each of which is worth 6 credit points = 48 credit points for first year.

1st year subjects:

Semester 1:
  • Concepts in Biology OR Biology- Ecosystems to Genes (the latter if you have completed HSC Bio)
  • Chemistry A (Pharmacy)
  • Calculus and Statistics for Pharmacy
  • Foundations of Pharmacy
Semester 2:
  • Human Biology
  • Chemistry B (Pharmacy)
  • Introductory Pharmaceutical Science
  • Social Pharmacy
The whole degree requires 192 credit points (minimum) to be completed.

Hope that helps! :)
Congrats everyone!

*in de-nile*

HSC
Oh, sorry, and with the enrolment I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I'm supposed to do it online but the server has been jammed for the past two times I tried... Third time lucky??:)

*in de-nile*

HSC
:wave:Man I feel stupid....Just answering Winx's question about enrolment... Online enrolment isn't working any more so to find out the time you need to enrol:

1. go to www.usyd.edu.au
2. click on the 'Just got your offer?' button
3. click on the post-it with 'enrol' on it
4. click on Step 2 (if you have already accepted your offer)
5. click on the post-it with enrol
6. click the link to the 'enrolment schedule'
7. then pick Pharmacy and type your surname and it should give you the exact time and date for your enrolment

:wave:

.ben

HSC
Hay guys, does anyone know a guide to picking subjects. Is it true that ur hecs fees will be dependent on themn?

HSC

Lizcat

HSC
im doing pharm!! WOO

just a quick question.. how many of u guys did HSC bio!? or doing the bridging course?

jennkei

Lurking Rambler
HSC
Woot, Pharmacy! :)

Haha, I did A level Bio and wasn't given a choice for the HSC Bio option when I was enrolling. -_- Ah well, never mind. Hurhur.

Well....the 48 points for first year are already picked out for you. That amounts to about 7k with HECS. You can add other courses/credit points (and incur further costs), of course...if you wanna be kiasu, I suppose. (AKA do extra work in fear of losing out. XD) I just picked whatever they gave me, though.

And ARGH to web enrolment! I jammed for at least five times at Demography, no idea what was going on. -_- Pooh. But hey, at least it's web. XD Not..in person. Eh? Wait..online isn't working anymore? Huh, why? o_O Strangeness, lucky I did it early. XD Looks like it's from the 23rd to the 24th Jan (Tue and Wed this week) though.

haruhi

HSC
hey
i made it too, but im having cold feet now. im scared bout the job prospects in the future, what do u guys like bout pharmacy?

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
well 've enrolled and everything

and i'm doing the bio bridging course next week jsut to make sure i'm comfortbale and to have a bit of hands on orienation before semester starts

ust wondering how we go about organising our tmetable...

it wasn;t mentioned at all during enrolment

and for all those people at enrolment i was the guy with the bight green horizontally stripped short :)

someone may have noticed me lol

jennkei

Lurking Rambler
HSC
Well as far as timetable is concerned, you won't be able to access it until O Week starts (end Feb). I think it's been mentioned elsewhere on the site, but you get to play "timetable lottery" - randomly generated timetables. I hear you can change it in person, too. But not yet.

I enrolled online so I'm still rather uncertain about whether I'm actually in...XD Have you guys got an enrolment package or anything?? Like O Week brochures..or are we supposed to just view those online? :(

Have fun with the bridging course, McHectic. I'll go and read my Campbell textbook for recreation. XD

And Haruhi (by the way, Suzumiya or Ouran? ;))...relaxxxx. I got cold feet too (a few times in the past year, and trust me, I had a lot of time to do nothing but ponder), but there will always be people around to discourage you. Me, I initially fixated on the idea about two years ago - because I thought I'd like the internal vs external idea of pharmacy work. (I had the probably rather strange image that when I didn't like people I could hide in the lab or in the back cataloguing stuff. XD) A little research into it revealed that there are quite a few areas you can enter, too -- research, industrial (which, I suppose, is research too), hospital, or community pharmacy. Yada yada, refer to other posts. XD

I think that I really don't know enough about it to say whether ten years down the road, I will be loving my job. But I am determined to learn affection for the subjects I'll be taking. So..be positive! You're in (and no mean feat, that is, too. Though I'm disappointed the UAI dropped, too XD), make the most of it!

jessamine

HSC
.ben said:
Hay guys, does anyone know a guide to picking subjects. Is it true that ur hecs fees will be dependent on themn?
i don't think we have much choice when it come to picking subjects. THe only thing we can choose is concepts in bio or the genetic bio. yeah our hecs should be dependant on the subjects we choose, but i think for 1st year theyre all worth the same amount.

btw do we have to buy labcoats?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)