So where are those HSC exam papers stored? (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
ahaha just curious really, where do they store all these papers, if there's an excess of 80 000 students and around 50+ subjects, that a lot of dam paper to be kept tight and secure.

How do they do it? And not let one kid see the paper. I'm sure people would have tried to roll the truck transporting them or container ahaha :p maybe they used ink balls that if the container they are stored in is not opened the right way, an ink ball explodes and the exams are no longer readable :/ hmmmm

They are probably stored in secure local warehouses. But like I find it hard to believe no adult would of taken it out just for their son or daughter to succeed since one out of a thousand people are honest - Shakespeare.

My teacher said they never make the answers for these papers until the HSC is over, just in case a paper ever got leaked out there.

What are you're thoughts?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Probably in a vault in the DEC (DET) offices.
You still gotta transport em to the schools around the state, I wonder when this is done. I'd say probably the weekend before exams start.

Uzername

B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D.
HSC
I have been told they are kept in jails/prisons, but I can't confirm this.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
"Everyone working in the HSC operation is bound by strict security arrangements and confidentiality agreements. Anyone with a family member or close family friend studying the HSC must declare their connection, and some jobs are not available to teachers with current Year 12 classes."

"The exam papers are printed under strict security, transported in guarded vehicles and tracked at every stage. The Board has been accredited for its information security management around the development of HSC exam papers "

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/yourhsc/step3-the-people-the-papers.html

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Around HSC time there is always a user that posts shit like - "How can I crack the vault?"

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Who knows, plus you would get in so much trouble if you get caught trying to rob the trucks with the exams.

Weezle

HSC
Uni Grad
I asked my teacher this question. She said they are stored at the police station.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/04/1064988451081.html?from=storyrhs

Somewhere in a hidden location in Sydney, teams of specially trained staff are sorting and packing thousands of Higher School Certificate exam papers under the watchful eyes of 24-hour security guards and electronic surveillance.

With the start of the HSC exams only 15 days away, the mammoth logistical task of ensuring every one of the state's 65,311 HSC students receives the correct exam papers is under way.

Each batch of subject exam papers is wrapped in black plastic and sealed with the Office of the NSW Board of Studies security sticker - only to be broken in front of students sitting their exam.

Specially trained packing staff are sworn to confidentiality. All up, the officers are expected to walk a total of 750 kilometres around the secret warehouse, as they collate and check the 50,000 parcels to be sent out to the state's schools.

The head of exam and marking support at the board of studies, Peter Feary, said the parcels would be sent in padlocked steel filing cabinets to another set of secure locations around the state. From there they will be sent to schools or places of examination, such as TAFEs, on the day of exams.

"It's a huge and complex task," Mr Feary said.

"Everything has to be checked and double-checked."

He estimated that 42,000 sheets of brown paper would be used in the wrapping process, 51 kilometres of masking tape and 2000 kilograms of twine.

More than 700 chief invigilators, or presiding officers, have been trained by the board of studies to oversee the exam process in individual schools.

It is expected more then 7000 teachers will mark the students' work.

A spokesman for the Office of the NSW Board of Studies said more than 18,000 students - or one in four candidates - were now enrolled in one or more of the seven vocational courses. These included hospitality, information technology and business services.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I remember I saw them get delivered to a school in a white van - and it was really foreboding seeing them be carried up into the office...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
ahahaha I feel kinda special now knowing that all that is going on behind my back just for me :D

jmel93

HSC
My teacher said they used to store them at fish markets, either way it sounds like they get stored in pretty gross places. If they're in gaol some prison-bitch has probably been raped on them, if they're from the fish markets our exams are going to smell chat.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
LOL I remember this last year

There were two dudes carrying all our 2010 MX1 papers in a box to our school hall, and we were all planning to 'roll' the dude so we can take a quick glance at the paper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)