• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So what position of authority are you in? (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
I'm the Captain of Westport High School and I was the 2004 Vice President of a group called WASCALS that raises money for kids with cancer.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
stfu we're a trinity u weird thucker.
You can't speak like that to your daddy, bitch. **smites Not-That-Bright**

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
-tosses hair- well.. what can i say? i mean.. cha yeah! of course! ;)

haha im a loser

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
prefects have power! and we can as easily gain power as lose it :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
How many prefects are there going to be in your year, how many people in your year are there, what was the basis for choosing the prefects, and if you were able to vote for prefects, when did the voting take place? Also, when were the prefect-ships announced and in what kind of assembly? Did the to-be prefects receive any sort of lecture? And what sort of duties do your prefects do?

Well, for us, there are about 45 prefects out of a grade of 220. We had three rounds of voting, starting Term 4, Year 10 (2003), initially there were about 100 candidates, and the 2nd round, about 35 were voted out, and then the final round--45 made it. The first two rounds were combination of staff and student votes, the student vote being the majority. The third and last round was also student and staff votes, but this time, the staff had a much bigger say in this, so I'd say this time the student and staff votes were almost equal.

The announcement took place just after exams last term, in the senior school assembly. Yes, the prefects were given a lecture, but also to our grade, along the lines of you're the big people in this school now, be responsible and blah blah blah. Our prefects simply sit at specially designated chairs and look important in senior school assemblies, and man the crossings so that we don't get run over (think of it this way: prefect versions of the lollypop man/woman)

So what about the rest of you?

(Soz for such a long post--must be the longest I've written so far on 'quick reply'--damn quick reply it is too!)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
there is 24prefects out of about 180 students. we were announced in the senior assembly, but we were inducted in a special ceremony, with tea afterwards :D

we don't have many privelidges. like only a roll call, power, badge :D , power, repect from peers, power, respect from teachers and i don't think i mentioned power.

"vith z sugor, comez z monaey, vith z monaey comez z powar "

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
We have 6 prefects, 2 Captains and 2 vice captains out of 100 students. The way it worked for us was:-
1. Students put their nominations in.
2. Gave a speech at a special assembly.
3. All years and teachers then voted with Years 7&8 votes being worth 1, 9-10 were 2, 11-12 worth 3 and teachers worth 4.

On the afternoon of counting everyone was called up to the Principals office to be told if they got in or not.

The next week that followed was filled with interviews by a select panel of the principal, P&C president and the Year 10 Year Advisor. Everyone was told of their position on the following Friday.

It was announced to the school at a formal assembley, and we got our badges at the Year 12 Graduation.

At our school the prefects are designated with a year which they look after...the Captains do everything else, eg. Assemblies, functions etc.

HSC
lol i found out last fri i'd been abusing my canteen line power

i'd been pushing in front of these girls in the canteen line and then i wound out they were in my grade. whoops. i'd never seen them before.

HSC
:rolleyes:

yr 12s are allowed to push in front of juniors in the yr 12 line. i assumed they were in yr 9 or 10.

hahaha sorry, i'm speaking to a westie here...perhaps i'll go become a crackhead teenage mum and start smoking winnie blues, then we might be able to communicate

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, don't abuse that canteen power. I'd hate to see someone get hurt...or miss their lunch.

HSC
AHA! i wasn't bragging you gronk!

the goddamn thread asks 'so what authority do you have now you're in yr 12'. we now have the authority to push in front of people. as in, it is sanctioned by the school. i made a mistake for nearly a week which i felt bad about.

I ANSWERED THE FUCKING QUESTION! AH! RETARD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)