So what do we need for uni ? (1 Viewer)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
danz90 said:
How about textbooks..

Is it worth buying them? They are like $150 each..
wait about a week after your lectures start, then you can decide whether it will be worth it to buy it or not. Also, see if you can find an electronic version of the book online, or buy 2nd hand.

Another option is to borrow it from the library (this is usually for courses with fewer numbers, since the book won't be in high demand).

Last semester i had 5 subjects, of which i bought 1 text book 2nd hand at half price, found an electronic version of another one, borrowed two from the library and from a friend respectively and the last subject didn't have a textbook.

cxlxoxk

HSC
gloworm14 said:
haha people who borrow pens and dont give them back piss me off.
how about people who borrow pens, and have a habit of sucking/biting on pens, and they suck/bite on yours, and when done, they ask if you want your pen back.

lol i've had worser experiences with pens, i've been the "nerd" (or whatever) that always brings enough pens for like 3-6 people! :p

Last edited:

katie21792

HSC
if you're a good touch typer, would you recommend using a laptop?

danz90

HSC
goony said:
wait about a week after your lectures start, then you can decide whether it will be worth it to buy it or not. Also, see if you can find an electronic version of the book online, or buy 2nd hand.

Another option is to borrow it from the library (this is usually for courses with fewer numbers, since the book won't be in high demand).

Last semester i had 5 subjects, of which i bought 1 text book 2nd hand at half price, found an electronic version of another one, borrowed two from the library and from a friend respectively and the last subject didn't have a textbook.
I've found a couple of the textbooks that I'll need on eBay, but they haven't got the same ISBN number as the prescribed text (although they are the same text), and they sell them 2nd hand for quite cheap..

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Smithereens said:
Where can we find electronic versions of books online?
google...
>_>
<_<

Sometimes the lecturer will be nice and provide a 'legal' electronic version of the textbook, but most of the time you have to procure it by other means...

Logjammin'

HSC
goony said:
google...
>_>
<_<

Sometimes the lecturer will be nice and provide a 'legal' electronic version of the textbook, but most of the time you have to procure it by other means...
IRC - many book channels to be found.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)