So wats the general ideas??? (1 Viewer)

PIE

Just wondering... (Now that its too late to copy anyones ideas)
What everyone's doing for their major work. Like general ideas i mean. Im doing a short story thats a parody of a soap opera n was jus wonderin wat sum of the other ideas around are.
Also it seems that alot of the people I've talked to are writing about teenage depression n suicide. Are people generally swaying in the depressive deep n meaningful sad stories???

Maddy

Damien Martyn Rocks!
hey!
I'm doing a satirical fairytale which incorporates various fairytales characters and some of my own characters. Not entirely original, i know, but I'm having fun!!

Huy

HSC
N/A

Lolliana

im writing a screenplay about the dichotomy of the virgin and the venus
it sounds swotty
but its not...trust

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Video > Animated detective hard boiled [drawing from Ext 1 studies] in a future setting [drawing from Bladerunner].
I have this AWESOME gimmick in mind, but it is untested as of yet, so I won't talk about it. But if I can pull pull it off, I think you will be very impressed.

Andronicarse

HSC
Indeed it is a pun. But not on, what a caf'e?, no not on that. It is an elaboration on my name [I want you all to guess it. It's really common, you'll get it easy]. But basically put together my real name, the fact that I am ambitious in my ideas [like a Caesar], but I am an egotistical arsehole.
So name + ambition + arsehole-ness = Andronicarse.

Like I said, it's a gimmick. So I won't elaborate until I get the full understanding of my capability to pull it off. Gimme a week and you'll know.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by PIE
Just wondering... (Now that its too late to copy anyones ideas)
What everyone's doing for their major work. Like general ideas i mean. Im doing a short story thats a parody of a soap opera n was jus wonderin wat sum of the other ideas around are.
Also it seems that alot of the people I've talked to are writing about teenage depression n suicide. Are people generally swaying in the depressive deep n meaningful sad stories???
a video on dream and reality (with a hint of humour). I am trying to confuse people with my work. :)

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
a video on dream and reality (with a hint of humour). I am trying to confuse people with my work. :)
hey, that's a good plan...tell the markers "well, you're not meant to get it..." and then they'll assume that because it makes no sense to them you've done it well:)

wow, that's better than my (accidental) plan of doing a critical response where the ONLY previous thing that even resembles my topic is a semi-obscure one man stage show:)

malayz_angel

Mine has nothing to do with teenage suicide or depression...I don't know, I saw two major works from last year that my teacher picked randomly and they were both on teenage girls who had been sexually assualted so I wanted a totally different angle. My short story is about two elderly narrators. The female is fun-loving and craves adventure while the male is stagnating and enjoys his life of normalcy. Suddenly they both receive packages containing symbols of their fears/phobias and a note from 'Mr. Chills' who warns them that they have seven days to figure out who he is and why the number seven is significant or they will be in grave danger...yadda..yadda.. They have to face their fears (ok so thats not very original) and think about demons from their past

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Andronicarse
Indeed it is a pun. But not on, what a caf'e?, no not on that. It is an elaboration on my name [I want you all to guess it. It's really common, you'll get it easy]. But basically put together my real name, the fact that I am ambitious in my ideas [like a Caesar], but I am an egotistical arsehole.
So name + ambition + arsehole-ness = Andronicarse.

Like I said, it's a gimmick. So I won't elaborate until I get the full understanding of my capability to pull it off. Gimme a week and you'll know.

andy drowned in arse?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
hey, that's a good plan...tell the markers "well, you're not meant to get it..." and then they'll assume that because it makes no sense to them you've done it well:)

wow, that's better than my (accidental) plan of doing a critical response where the ONLY previous thing that even resembles my topic is a semi-obscure one man stage show:)
Thanks. but I am not sure if I have achieved the outcome. I am showing it to my maths teacher tomorrow. I wanna see how logical (as in mathematical) people react to this!

what do you mean by accidental?? The chaos theory?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by malayz_angel
Mine has nothing to do with teenage suicide or depression...I don't know, I saw two major works from last year that my teacher picked randomly and they were both on teenage girls who had been sexually assualted
My fellow vidder has made a film which included the assault idea too.

Andronicarse

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
andy drowned in arse?
Ah brilliant! My name is Andrew, but I am called by all, andy. But the only arse im drowning in is my own [you flippin' arsehole andy]

Andronicarse

HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
My fellow vidder has made a film which included the assault idea too.
Assault and teen angst etc seem dodgy topics to me. I mean I go to an all-boys school, and a lot of us in english have had a crack at doing rape stories. We get the reaction, but it seems too cheap to me. More like, the topic matter scores points as opposed to the personal skill. I dunno, I reckon markers are resistant to it (i bet they get heaps of these angsty entries) and i think it may be better to amuse as opposed to horrify.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i am not v bigon assualt or teen suicide....although it is scayr to think it is real to some pplz...but in terms of displaying originality and all dat....you relaly gotta transcend the parameters of the assult/sucide generic conventions to show originality

Andronicarse

HSC
thats my point. its been done to death. it no longer can succeed on the "shock" factor alone. face it, we are a cynical society who will walk past violence on the streets. shock value, it doesnt exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)