So.. tell me abit about yourself (1 Viewer)

~~Jess~~

HSC
i hate it when pple ask that. i had my first job interview on tuesday and that was totally unexpected question. i jsut answered with, what do u wanna know? i think that was the wrong answer :S but i got the job anyway

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
First of all - This question is not a question at all - When I was acting Manager at a company I worked for last year I was trained in interview techniques.

"Tell me about yourself"
Is not a question - It is just something that the employer says as they're sitting down - no notes are taken on it - it's just an opening to settle you and the employer into the interview environment.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
biggles04 said:
First of all - This question is not a question at all - When I was acting Manager at a company I worked for last year I was trained in interview techniques.

"Tell me about yourself"
Is not a question - It is just something that the employer says as they're sitting down - no notes are taken on it - it's just an opening to settle you and the employer into the interview environment.
That depends on what format your trainer or company prefers. Some prefer Pyramids (closed -> open), funnel (Open -> closed) or diamond (closed -> Open -> closed) structures.

I have had that question towards the end every time and they do take notes. Then again I do not have that many closed questions in interviews but that one is towards the end of the open ended section. They usually cover everything they need to for auditing and if time allows it's a good one for extra info.

Was the ocmpany KFC? Cos you know different positions run different interviews :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)