So lets say I hand in a 1800 word reflection statement (1 Viewer)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
It actually counts full stops as a word. I just opened a blank document and did a full stop and the word count went to 1... Wow.
A full stop on its own will be counted. But if it's a full stop at the end of a word, only the word will be counted. Essentially MS Word counts every character that's "on its own" as a word.

E.g. if you had "* . -" they would say this is three words. "*.-" on the other hand, would only be counted as one. Why anyone would have a random string of punctuation in the middle of a reflection statement though, is another question...

tokso

HSC
Are you kidding me? You're either an absolute idiot or a vindictive cuntbag who's trying to sabotage someone else's reflection statement to try and whittle down competition.

Word doesn't count punctuation as part of word count, just like any god-fearing four year old wouldn't, you ridiculous turd.

HEEEYYY!!! no need to be RUDE now!
and if you check your facts Word does count commas and apostrophes. how about you highlight one in a word document and see what the word count does.

and no, im not trying to whittle down competiton. im simple using my noggin to bypass a stupid reductive system that forces one to methodise the creative process. SO THERE.

and dont be calling people ridiculous turds and vindictive cuntbags. just because i cant see you doesnt mean its okay. And i bet you wouldnt say that to anyone in real life now would you?

abbey91

Boarder from waggga wagga, living in glebe, sydney
HSC
Are you kidding me? You're either an absolute idiot or a vindictive cuntbag who's trying to sabotage someone else's reflection statement to try and whittle down competition.

Word doesn't count punctuation as part of word count, just like any god-fearing four year old wouldn't, you ridiculous turd.
excuse me- i find you rather rude- tokso happens to be the absolute loveliest person ( aka- "vindicitive cuntbag of a ridiculous turd") i know. Your attitude is really unnecesary and if you dont change it you aren't going to get far in life.

Debaser33

HSC

God fearing four year old? Ridiculous turd? Are you just putting words after each other and PRAYING that they make some kind of coherent thought or insult? It's... it's not working.

Konig

HSC

Hahahahahahahahahahahawhat.

No, seriously, I'm wondering how you could think this remotely appropriate in what was up until now a perfectly civil conversation.

Sure, you could go around compensating for an underwhelming penis by shit-talking people OVER THE INTERNET, but it's OK, I have at least some semblance of self-respect. Maybe tokso was mistaken, but it certainly didn't call for that display of manly manfulness [/SARCASM]

So, you go have your little troll somewhere more appropriate, like 4chan, we'll keep on discussing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)