"So, I'm pretty much screwed now" - Me after Creative Writing. (1 Viewer)

Nikki570

HSC
N/A
Sooo, I have this lucky habit of freaking out during the exam, and not reading the question properly.

1. I had to rewrite the whole of section I because I accidentally wrote it in the wrong sections. (I know, pretty stupid).
This took up about an extra 20 minutes of my exam and i missed out on the six mark question.

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse, I didn't read the creative writing section properly and didn't include one of the statements from the stimulus in the FIRST sentence, and wrote it half way in the middle or something...

So, can we all be honest here...
Am I going to fail, or am I going to fail?

No but seriously, i'm freaking out right now.. will I get marked down a lot?

britaker

HSC
Well you already know you've lost 6 marks. Will probably lose a fair few on the creative, though if you answered the other components of the stimulus (connections to community, etc.) it may not affect you too much?

Idk man, no matter what happens at least it's over. I don't think you'll fail, if the rest of your answers were solid (I take failing in the sense of <50%), you probably would have only lost 8-10 marks :)

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Not trying to be mean and all. But I think you screwed yourself over. If you did everything else up to a high standard, you might get a band 5 (maximum), depends.

Nikki570

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys I appreciate the honest answers..

I was looking for an 80 ATAR, but I don't think i'll be getting that anymore hahahaha :p

britaker

HSC
80 is definitely achievable! :D English is only one of your subjects after all

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Sooo, I have this lucky habit of freaking out during the exam, and not reading the question properly.

1. I had to rewrite the whole of section I because I accidentally wrote it in the wrong sections. (I know, pretty stupid).
This took up about an extra 20 minutes of my exam and i missed out on the six mark question.

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse, I didn't read the creative writing section properly and didn't include one of the statements from the stimulus in the FIRST sentence, and wrote it half way in the middle or something...

So, can we all be honest here...
Am I going to fail, or am I going to fail?

No but seriously, i'm freaking out right now.. will I get marked down a lot?
relax gurrrl everything will be fine!!!

What you should do is try to maximise your marks in tomorrow's exam - what I'm doing because of my non-adapting creative. Stress or worry will do you no good and I'm sure you did well just remember to be calm and everything is gonna be fineee! We're all in this together :D

Nikki570

HSC
N/A
This thread actually boosted my confidence...
Let's see how long it lasts hahaha.

Thanks guys for your input. Good luck to the students who are sitting these exams with me!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
You are allowed to write the quote anywhere within your creative. It is just recommended as a starter.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly why did you write the whole section again. Just relabel the front cover and let the superivsor know. So take this into for future circumstances.

Secondly you do not need to quote it at the begin nor even use the quote directly. If your story is written in regards to the stimulus that is fine

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
Firstly why did you write the whole section again. Just relabel the front cover and let the superivsor know. So take this into for future circumstances.

Secondly you do not need to quote it at the begin nor even use the quote directly. If your story is written in regards to the stimulus that is fine
the booklets didn't work like that this year.
We had one booklet, with our name and number on the front. Pages 2-6 were for short answer, 8-14 for creative, and 16-24 for Essay. with 1 blank page in between.

also our stimulus was "use one of these sentences to start your piece of imaginative writing"

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Either way could relabeled the inside.

Okay my initial point does not apply. But yea coulf still avoid using the quote and instead use it inspiration to start the story

MARK2014

HSC
Would my story suffice - about a grandpa and a girl who goes to a museum and the setting of the text is far from today so basically the grandpa feels secluded to the world now and when he went to the museum he finds out that he has to learn to accept his place in the new world?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Would my story suffice - about a grandpa and a girl who goes to a museum and the setting of the text is far from today so basically the grandpa feels secluded to the world now and when he went to the museum he finds out that he has to learn to accept his place in the new world?
Go study for paper 2

iStudent

HSC
Yea you shouldn't have rewrote the whole s1. If you labelled it and told the supervisor I'm sure they would understand.
Also, yea you MUST write the first sentence as the quote :/ I hate these types of questions but at least you don't have to sustain the quote throughout your piece. (I basically chucked it in, threw in 3 asterisks and linked it back again somewhere later in my creative where it would've worked) lol. Which I don't think is such a bad idea because it gives your creative a more creative structure :D

Nikki570

HSC
N/A
Well I asked the supervisor and she told me I had to start all over again, but she let me keep the other paper there to write out what I had.. Still got a bit upset about it, but it's my mistake since I didn't read anything properly :p

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Well I asked the supervisor and she told me I had to start all over again, but she let me keep the other paper there to write out what I had.. Still got a bit upset about it, but it's my mistake since I didn't read anything properly :p
Im assuming it was a rookie supervisor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)