So how'd everyone go ?!?! (1 Viewer)

Alex

You guys, you didnt need a calculator, it doesnt ask you what size they want, they just wanna know how and what do all the numbers represent!!!!!!!!!

captaind

calculators were allowed...check at the back of the BOS green HSC timetable..it gives a list of equipment allowed for each subject...

ummm i wrote 2 booklets full for 3 questions. there was so much to write but so little time...they ask huge questions and dont even think of time.....!!!!

yeah the questions were so vague....yet i wrote everything i could remember...
i think i stuffed up norm tables though :(

freakin helllllllllll the 2001 paper was soooooooooo much to teh point and much easier....and did u know that the syllabus has been cut by abt 20% !!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:

Alex

Question 28 - Multimedia Systems

(b) (ii)

One of Sunny's photos is of Jacqui Cooper at the World Championships. The photo has 16 colours and is 600 pixels by 400 pixels.
Demonstrate how he could calculate the file size in kilobytes for this photo. Explain what each number in the calculation represents.

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by captaind
calculators were allowed...check at the back of the BOS green HSC timetable..it gives a list of equipment allowed for each subject...

ummm i wrote 2 booklets full for 3 questions. there was so much to write but so little time...they ask huge questions and dont even think of time.....!!!!

yeah the questions were so vague....yet i wrote everything i could remember...
i think i stuffed up norm tables though :(

freakin helllllllllll the 2001 paper was soooooooooo much to teh point and much easier....and did u know that the syllabus has been cut by abt 20% !!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad:
only for Info Tech VET... calcs aren't on the basic equipment list....
they've cut the syllabus??? you talking IPT?

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
what was with those questions at the end of every option?

describe and analyse in terms of three information processes they named?

Don't they have better things to ask?

6 marks full of BS!!!

What were we meant to write for those? Just anything in relation to the processes that we can extrapolate from the given scenario?

F*! F*! F*!

It wasn't a "studiable" test. I studied. Nothing I studied was in the test. It didn't cover the syllabus liberally enough. The marks were too concentrated onto essay style questions which require BSing. There's a lack of the need of syllabus facts.

Granted, they did take the "general knowledge" component out of the test.

If I could graph the "goodness" of this paper, it would look like the graph of y= -e^x

del

HSC
N/A
Uh huh..... 6 marks and they wanted you to talk bout three things... which is like then 2 marks for each process (making a guess here)

which if you think about it how much writing would that require..... for each process? not much imho.... but still tried to write as much as i could pull out of my brain.....

sheeze yeah i think i stuffed those sections up....

dansnation

i too fucked it hard... found it alot harder than the trials, which isnt a good sign seeing as though i barely passed..

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Did anyone else get really freaked out by the writing booklets.

I mean this was my first exam after english. Englihs was a nice paper, it was nice and thin. IPT...it's like this massive pile of paper!

The writing booklets
It took like 15 minutes to write "information processes and tehcnology", the date, centre and student number on all 8 booklets.

I don't think anyone bothered with writing their centre number and student number on every page.

Halfway through the exam I got lost in all these writing booklets.

And I liked the multiple choice answer sheet, it was like personalised with name, student no, centre.

Why can't they do that with the writing booklets?

:D

funkydish

they're cutting it??? what the heck? this syllabus didn't have that much in it anyways! i could summarise each topic to 2 pages!!! geez ...

Spike

with the calculating the size of the image my teacher said if u left it in a fraction ud get full marks as long as u worked out hte bit depth right and subsitiuted into the formula correctly

HSC
I fucked up big time....

This is partially because I had Modern History before, which I studied most for. I did most of my study for IPT in the holidays, but I needed to revise the notes, but I couldn't because of history....

Bloody hell, I think the BoS is against me or something.... 6 HOURS OF FUCKING EXAMS IS NO FUN AT ALL, AND IT FUCKING HURTS YOUR ARM.....

The multiple choice I breezed through, but the rest of it was just hell for me... I just forgot things just before I answered the questions and I couldn't think straight. I was just hoping it would be over....

I reckon I'll get like 60% for that test, which is terrible by my standards. What a let down I kill both English exams and modern history, and then I screw this up....

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

I feel like killing the person(s) who set the timetable, if I don't get into the course I want I'm blaming them....

milan24

Originally posted by Alex
bit depth was 4 rite so

4 x height x width
-----------------------
8 x 1024
i didnt see this question and went on questuin c, because i only have around 6 mins left, after the examer said pen down, i just realise i missed it, i just used less 30 seceond to get it done, man i was lucky they did saw me. just hope those examers can read my untidy writing/

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
Syllabus cut ???

Originally posted by captaind
syllabus has been cut by abt 20% for NEXT YEAR'S YEAR 12! BOS:
It has ?? Pray tell where you got that info so I can stop writing lesson plans now. :confused:

FarQskool

I was top of my skool in IPT i ended the year with like high 90's and i fucked that exam soooo hard, i was completly random, ill b lucky to get 70.

mmhmm

i thought it was was so stupid!!!!!!!!
those 6 mark questions were a joke..........last yrs hsc was a million times better and the bloody trials were a zillion times better.

even if u had every single ipt textbook that has ever existed i doubt it would have helped much.......just too stupid for my liking and not enough bloody time and very vague and very airy fairy!!!

i dont understand wats wrong with them asking bloody questions from the syllabus!!!! they might as well scrap the stupid syllabus if they r not going to use it.....and every1 thought last yrs ipt exam was bad wit less than 1% getting band 6.....imagine how bad this year's will be. lol whata joke.

Alex

Kent, im sorry to hear that, I feel for you. Dun worry, youll do fine man.

Originally posted by mercurydrinker
I fucked up big time....

This is partially because I had Modern History before, which I studied most for. I did most of my study for IPT in the holidays, but I needed to revise the notes, but I couldn't because of history....

Bloody hell, I think the BoS is against me or something.... 6 HOURS OF FUCKING EXAMS IS NO FUN AT ALL, AND IT FUCKING HURTS YOUR ARM.....

The multiple choice I breezed through, but the rest of it was just hell for me... I just forgot things just before I answered the questions and I couldn't think straight. I was just hoping it would be over....

I reckon I'll get like 60% for that test, which is terrible by my standards. What a let down I kill both English exams and modern history, and then I screw this up....

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

I feel like killing the person(s) who set the timetable, if I don't get into the course I want I'm blaming them....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)