So... how was your speaking exam? (1 Viewer)

Olympus15

HSC
How was it? Mine went quite well, had a nice examiner who spoke slowly, and i seemed to understand every question given.

HSC
well mine spent about 6 minutes asking me about japanese food

didnt get asked any of the questions i wanted
couldve bin better
but defo couldve bin worse
meh jap was never gunna count anyway

P

pLuvia

If they asked you questions which were out of the syllabus then they won't consider that into your marks so don't worry too much about it.

What I did in the speaking exam when I did it was to make sure my answers didn't lead to hard questions the marker may ask me lol.

HSC
pLuvia said:
What I did in the speaking exam when I did it was to make sure my answers didn't lead to hard questions the marker may ask me lol.
yep thats what i didnt do =[
i told her i liked japanese food more than western food
so she decided to barrage me with a thousand questions on itwhats your fave jap food, how often do u eat it, where do you eat it, who do you eat it with, can you make itis it expensive, when you went to japan did you eat it much
i was just thinkin the whole time" ask me about my family or my hobbies!!"

X

xeuyrawp

tacogym27101990 said:
i was just thinkin the whole time" ask me about my family or my hobbies!!"
I know it doesn't help you at all, but a lesson for everyone else: You really can control the conversation.

Eg, "yes, I do love to eat Japanese food, but it's not my favourite hobby"

When I did the exam, we were talking a lot about the Olympics. Was annoying the hell out of me because a) I hadn't been watching it (despite saying so!), and b) I didn't know a lot of the vocab and grammar. So I ended up saying something blatantly obvious like "in my spare time, I prefer to read, and not watch TV". The examiner got the hint and we talked about reading and other shumi.

Last edited by a moderator:

chochang

*Arashi*
HSC
My speaking exam went really, really well :)
So I'm happy.
本当に楽しかったです!

rorararavv

HSC
mine went well!
but i had trouble getting the right length answer... the examiner cut me off heaps in the first couple of questions, so i tried shortening the answers, but then she just stared at me...

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! The examiner was so nice and really easy to understand. I'm feeling pretty confident about it. =]

lizajane91

HSC
I thought the speaking was really easy.. my examiner ran out of questions to ask me tho..she was like umm err (and im thinking wow youd fail if i was marking you hehe):lol:

Last edited:

rel91

HSC
my stupid examiner just interrogated me about my trip to japan for the whole exam DAMMIT...i was soooooo angry at the end....
yay 5 month exchange trip that proves to be more of a hindrance than a help in the exam (and yes i did TRY to change the topic but the stupid man never got the hint and continued interrogating me.....grrrrr.....

James747

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I know it doesn't help you at all, but a lesson for everyone else: You really can control the conversation.

Eg, "yes, I do love to eat Japanese food, but it's not my favourite hobby"

When I did the exam, we were talking a lot about the Olympics. Was annoying the hell out of me because a) I hadn't been watching it (despite saying so!), and b) I didn't know a lot of the vocab and grammar. So I ended up saying something blatantly obvious like "in my spare time, I prefer to read, and not watch TV". The examiner got the hint and we talked about reading and other shumi.
Yep, thats the good thing bout speaking exams... you can sometimes lead the examiner to ask you specific questions you've prepared for.

My one went well. Examiner was extremely nice, talked slowly... and most importantly, I felt good after I walked out. =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)