So how many of you guys might I be meeting in a few months? (1 Viewer)

Ribbon

I don't think hes into skating so much anymore (unfortunately for you... still enjoy watching skating comps ect. though and hes a pro at tony hawk ;P) but definitely into the same kindof bands (we both are). I can wakeboard (sortof not) in the way that the one time I have gone I managed to get up for a minute or so before we went around a corner in the river and I stacked it! There arn't any wide expanses of water here so I havn't really been able to give it a good go (also doesn't hope when the friend sells his boat!). Is your girllfriend any good? we have a friend here who is thinking about going into some competitions... does all the flips and crazy stuff when hes on a wakeboard... come to think of it, he used to go out with a girl who was studying food science or something like that (I remember he said she was going to be a dietician) and went down to newy every few weekends to wakeboard...

Last edited:

4130warrior

She claims she's not good but then again it's not like she's pulling flips either. Me, I'm lucky to land a 2 foot air and come out of it :p

Well, hopefully I'll be seeing you all soon. I'll wear a name badge with my real name (Brendan) and my user name. Ok, ok, not really... but if you think it's me, walk up to me and say "The cat turns purple at the stroke of midnight" and well, if it's me you'll know, else...

God I'm an idiot. Manic depression sucks. :(

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by 4130warrior
God I'm an idiot. Manic depression sucks. :(
it tends to go away during the uni year. I am so keen to get out of home and back to uni

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by 4130warrior
Hopefully I'll meet some people with the same interests as me (metal, hardcore music, punk rock, cars, BMX?).
i want to meet people with the same interests as me, but i also want to meet people with different and diverse interests, so pick me, ill be your friend!

Ribbon

I think we should pick a landmark (like you know, the big tree in the corner, or such and such building) and meet there on enrolment day (if newcastle is where I end up) that way, we'll be the cool group of people who already know each other that everyone else watches wistfully, wishing they too, had the social skills to make a group of friends in the first 20seconds of uni :)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
so, are you guys planning on going to O-week? If you aren't already, i recommend that you do, it is a great week :)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
I think we should pick a landmark (like you know, the big tree in the corner, or such and such building) and meet there on enrolment day (if newcastle is where I end up) that way, we'll be the cool group of people who already know each other that everyone else watches wistfully, wishing they too, had the social skills to make a group of friends in the first 20seconds of uni :)
Hehe, that sounds like a good idea, I'm going to be so lost on the first day.

Originally posted by evilc
so, are you guys planning on going to O-week? If you aren't already, i recommend that you do, it is a great week :)
O-week? When's that? :confused:

4130warrior

Originally posted by Ribbon
Jah jah, dat is a goodnt idea :D

Ribbon

hey guys based on the posted cutoffs in the general university forum I am definitely into newcastle law (92.15 for 2004) unless I get an offer from ANU law (95.00) based on my EAS application. How have you guys gone getting into your courses (based on the 2004 min cutoff pdf @ UAC)

4130warrior

I'm clear by about 10 points for the course I want to do -- B. Information Technology. It had a cut-off of 80.7 last year and I got an 85.75, plus 4 points brings me well clear. Even if somehow the cutoff skyrockets 10 points my next choice is a B. Applied Information Technology at Callaghan which is only a 70.3 from memory. Man, I'm aiming high! ;)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I cleared mine by 1.45, it's cut-off was 92.15 and I got 93.60.

See you all at Newy!

Ribbon

Looks like I won't be meeting you guys at the big tree in the corner anymore... I got into my first preference of commerce/law at anu under the cutoff....

so good luck with everything guys!

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Hey!!! I am doing primary school teaching at newcastle next year. Warrier it doesent look like I have the same interests as you, but I'm looking forward to meeting lots of different people with different interests~if any of you see me come say hello. You'll know me because...I'll be the chic whose always in the uni bar :p

4130warrior

Ribbon - congratulations on getting into your first preference :D I'm sure we'll meet up sometime anyway... perhaps at a concert somewhere?

Stacie - heh, who cares! I just want to meet shitloads of new people :D Will you take Ribbon's place at the big tree?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
So which tree are we meeting at.. or are we all just going to sit under randomly chosen 'big trees'? :D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
There are about 10 000 000 trees at the uni...it's going to be hard to find one...better off meeting at a place such as hunter cafeteria

evilc

I am a fish
HSC

hunter cafe is at coordinates H11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)