So how do tutorials work? (1 Viewer)

pillow12345

HSC
Are tutorials before lectures? For example my ACCG100 tute is before my lectures, on wednesday I have the tute and the lectures are on friday so just wondering.

williamc

HSC
in accg100 tutes you will be assigned homework questions that relate to the prior weeks lecture. (it does not matter if your tute is before your lecture)

In the tutorial the tutor will check to see if you have attempted the homework - assign you a mark, and then will go through the questions with the class.

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
Plus, Lectures start one week before your tutes. So it doesn't matter when your tutes and lectures are scheduled.

Ur tutor is sort of like a small class, where the tutor checks over your stuff, answer questions and revises stuff that was taught in lectures (sometimes).

Also, most exams are held during tute times, so hopefully you don't have anything just before them, b/c that's crucial revision time.

*rUsTy*

HSC
Plus, Lectures start one week before your tutes. So it doesn't matter when your tutes and lectures are scheduled.

Ur tutor is sort of like a small class, where the tutor checks over your stuff, answer questions and revises stuff that was taught in lectures (sometimes).

Also, most exams are held during tute times, so hopefully you don't have anything just before them, b/c that's crucial revision time.
Really wish I would have known that before making my timetable lol.

williamc

HSC
umm exams are held during lectures for most subjects, but for accg u have a saturday mid sem

honsaw

HSC
N/A
^ so exams are held during lecture times or tutorial times?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Depends on the subject. Your unit outline should state when the exam is being held.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
When an exam is held is generally dependent on the scale of the exam itself.

If it is a quiz which doesn't take up a high percentage of the unit's mark allocation, it will probably be held during a tutorial.

Your mid-semester exam will often be either held during a lecture or at a different scheduled time when a lecture theatre is free. Generally this is to ensure the integrity of exams by preventing students spreading information about the finer details of an exam's content.

The end-of-semester exams (if applicable) are held during an examination period set by the university. I don't know the intricacies of how Macquarie University operate their exam weeks but to my knowledge, it seems to be the general consensus between universities.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Are tutorials useful? like do you do questions from the textbook and stuff.. or just discussion?
They have rollcall in tutorials, right?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on the subject and the tutor. Some tutors don't give a fuck and let you do whatever you want, some do lecture summaries and the homework questions.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Are tutorials useful?
Some are, some aren't... depends on your tutor, subject, and what they actually do in there.

like do you do questions from the textbook and stuff.. or just discussion?
Yes, you do both, and sometimes just hear the tutor ramble on about stuff, maybe demonstrate stuff if it's practical, or explain stuff simple on the board/computer-projector, etc...

Some do, some dont, the ones that do are usually compulsory, while the others aren't really.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends, can be either, or a totally different time if it's a mid-sem, final, etc..., while smaller class exams will usually be in tutorials.. totally depends.

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Are tutorials useful? like do you do questions from the textbook and stuff.. or just discussion?
Are you a student? You can usually find out whether the tutorial is "useful" to you after attending one or two tutorials? If your question is directed at accounting units, then it depends on the tutor and the unit, but they are usually quite useful for explaining how to answer the questions and to clarify anything that the lecture didn't quite go over.

Roll call... once again, most units have an attendance requirement, so yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)