so... how did you go? (1 Viewer)

special K

there was a strong aura of panic as all 13 ancient history students from my school stepped into the exam room yesterday... i actually came out of the exam feeling much better than i had felt coming out of my trials and thinking that BOS had gone easy on us with the non-particular questions. generally it was all good and i was proud of my efforts..... that is until i read the threads about scaling in ancient history (!!)

i always knew that it was scaled badly but what the hell is wrong with the BOS if they can't recognise the amount of work it takes to do ancient ?! anyways.... too late to stress over it now, just hope everyone else went okay. NO MORE XERXES, DELIAN LEAGUE, MINOANS AND SPARTA!!!! EVER!!!!

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
Ancient doesn't get scaled as good as modern but I think the mean average (from 50 %) scaling is around 10 points. However, that gap gets smaller and smaller as your marks get higher.

However, it definetly gets scaled up.

Man, your teacher really fucked you up. We studied Sparta and the Persian Wars so that they tied in with each other. Then we did Hatshepsut and New Kingdom Egypt, a period to which Hatshepsut was very significant.

Additionally, in the Prelim, we studied 'Persai' and hence had a really good understanding of Persia and Salamis.Also, I think a bit of luck is involved in getting a good result. I dcouldn't remember precise details on the Persian Wars but I knew the Delian League inside out. Luck??? Of course. I got the essay I wanted. Also, that Amun question in the additional Historical societies was a little ripper. Couldn't have asked for a better selection of essay choices!

Anyway, I'm sure you did well. Just a shame that your teach didn't set you up a bit better.

special K

persian wars and delian league were both a part of greek world 500-440 so u actually did 2 of the same topics as us... and xerxes was king of persia during that time so i reckon we were okay...

thanks for the reassurance but i'm still scared shitless! i reckon by the time the scaling is over i'll be left with nothing at all....=(

Wiggum

Originally posted by special K
persian wars and delian league were both a part of greek world 500-440 so u actually did 2 of the same topics as us... and xerxes was king of persia during that time so i reckon we were okay...

thanks for the reassurance but i'm still scared shitless! i reckon by the time the scaling is over i'll be left with nothing at all....=(
It's over now so don't worry about it, i'm sure you did do fine.

Originally posted by Smokin'Squirrel
However, it definetly gets scaled up.
Where are you getting this from? I'm getting my source from last year's and the 2001 HSC and it's down by quite a bit, not up. It used to be up before the new HSC.

mememe

Originally posted by Leon585
wiggum you dont know shit about shit
I think you'll find wiggum is right, ancient does scale down, like most subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)