So confused i dont know what to (1 Viewer)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
I like maths, i like calculations, i like doing physical work, i like money,
So what courses are open up to me so they fulfill my desires ?
I was thinking of b.commerce/adv. mathematics or medical science then somehow get into medicine or pretroleum engineer
can anyone provide me insight to pros and cons of each :(
It will be very helpful thanks

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I have to admit any sort of Engineering degree would be a great fit for your requirements.

halapenyo

HSC
I think someone like you would do really well in engineering. you are good at both maths and science (as shown by results in your sig). also engineering at UNSW has flexible first year.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Engineering seems like it would be perfect for you, fuck petroleum though. Go electrical if you really wanna challenge yourself in maths, if you want something more outdoors-y go mining.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Indeed, Engineering is the way to go. Even though I love maths, I prefer teaching it to other people, rather than using it in Engineering. If you like practical, then Engineering.

Don't do Medicine. Waste of a potential Engineer, and most likely you would enjoy that more.

I considered Engineering at one point, but one day when I taught for the first time, I thought 'Hey, this isn't so bad', so Education became my interest ever since.

You never know!

There is a Bachelor of Engineering (Flexible First Year) course that gives you a bit of a taste of all the Engineering topics, so you can decide which one to do during First Year (Hence flexible), then make your decision. I strongly suggest this.

PS: dw, I considered Medicine at some point too.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well... Maths/Commerce people aren't very physical. Maybe do Engineering. You wouldn't get into the super theoretical maths at the later stages but... I dunno.

It really depends on how you rank your likes. Like do you like maths more than physical work, or money more than this other thing... etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)