Snapperhead this is a Q for you (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
Snapperhead,

i have a Q about last years HSC R&P essay Q:
Explain how the understanding of peace is expressed through sacred texts in TWO religious traditions.

with this question, would i take use all the syllabus points and work forwards, as you say?
so would i start with the sacred texts,
then talk bout princ teachings taught through these texts
then influence on inner peace
then influence on contrbtn to world peace ?

OR

should i just be focusing on the sacred texts? (1st syll dot point)

Thankkyou

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
Snapperhead,

i have a Q about last years HSC R&P essay Q:
Explain how the understanding of peace is expressed through sacred texts in TWO religious traditions.

with this question, would i take use all the syllabus points and work forwards, as you say?
so would i start with the sacred texts,
then talk bout princ teachings taught through these texts
then influence on inner peace
then influence on contrbtn to world peace ?

OR

should i just be focusing on the sacred texts? (1st syll dot point)

Thankkyou
From the 2007 Markers comments (available from the board website)

"Section IV
Question 1: Religion and Peace
This was a straightforward question that was clearly understood by candidates. Most responses dealt with the Christian and Islamic religious traditions.
Higher-range responses engaged directly with the question. They provided links and demonstrated clearly the relationship between specific passages of sacred texts, peace movements, theories and theology. These responses demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of peace in all its forms and expressions. Stronger responses integrated social justice and peace issues and used specific terminology.
Mid-range responses generally connected sacred texts with some definition of peace. They were also able to demonstrate some link between rituals such as the practice of the Hajj and the Christian Eucharist. Some candidates approached the topic from an ethical imperative.
Lower-range responses made general comments about peace with little or no connection with sacred texts, ethical principles or justice issues."

I think this the key statement
"They provided links and demonstrated clearly the relationship between specific passages of sacred texts, peace movements, theories and theology. These responses demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of peace in all its forms and expressions. Stronger responses integrated social justice and peace issues and used specific terminology."

If it were me (and Im stressing this), I prefer the first method you mention as just focussing on texts negates all of the other bits of teh syllabus which are key...noting that IMO, the Peace unit realistically is the only unit that appears to flow from point A to point B ie all of teh points are DIRECTLY related to each other, not revolving around a similar concept or thought eg non religion or post 1945

HTH a little...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)