snapperhead help (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-gopo-

HSC
N/A
i came up with a more specific question:
how have the contrsting views of religion within the simpsons characters of homer, Apu and Revered lovejoy influenced children's views on religion and society

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you didn't seriously get asked that did you?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
-gopo- said:
i came up with a more specific question:
how have the contrsting views of religion within the simpsons characters of homer, Apu and Revered lovejoy influenced children's views on religion and society
sounds interesting.....

again, my question is: How are you going to assess this influence? (just trying to get you to think..not having a go!!)
You cant use someone elses work as you primary source as thats plagiarism but if you ask your peers, the marker would have the right to question your sources (add to that the fact that sometimes peer assessmnt lets you down big time either due to poor/leading questions or yes/no answers!!)

As I said, sounds interesting but I dont know how you are going assess the influence

does Homer have a religious view of religion? Just curious........

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
he had his own relgion for awhile then his house burnt down

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Tenille said:
he had his own relgion for awhile then his house burnt down
Thought of that episode as well but other than that? I know th epremise behind the episode but wasnt the real message behind it that essentially God is too big for one religion? Not anti-religion?

Again, just curious...

hmmm....simpsons curious.....

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
-gopo- said:
so is the tpic of islam and media good
Its been done.. into the ground.

Originality is good. Homer's view of religion i guess would be a representation of most of middle-America (the non Evangelical ones) in that he only goes to church because its a tradition within the family. Various episodes see the majority of the congregation falling asleep during Lovejoy's sermons, parodying the lack of spiritual or contemporised philosophy which aims to give direction and relgious fulfillment to followers which in turn has largely been reponsible for the sizable shift towards secularism in our modern day society.

Edit: Obviously not so original. :D

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
despite what has been said here it *can* be a good topic depending upon your question. The actual topic area offers alot but most just go for the easy option and focus on the whole islam=terrorism angle (prove or disprove)

Like I said, its a good topic that you can sink your teeth into and you can produce something that not many have if you put your mind to it.
Dont let absolutions comment put you off...

as an aside...
*wishes he could see deleted posts as the timing and information on absolutions reply dont match up given tenilles post...wonders...*
but then, this is neither the time nor place

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
snapperhead said:
Dont let absolutions comment put you off...
Putting people off doing something is hardly my intent. As far as i am aware this is a postboard and as such the point is to give an opinion. Take it as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)