SMH Article: Tears at maths paper from hell (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
This part sounds so lame...

"I bombed it," 18-year-old Vincent Mok said cheerfully. "I left out a lot of questions . . . it was a very long paper." Jason Chung, 17, who also sat the 4-unit exam, was more confident. "I got to the last question - but couldn't figure it out," he grinned.

pocydto

"If a paper is harder, this is taken into account so that students' final marks are not affected"

Thank god for that

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
"I Bombed it" from a James Ruse student means he didnt get 100%... more like he lost 2 marks

arls

whoa.. didnt realise it was that bad... im doing general today.. i hope they dont chuck in anything as hard as yours was!!! but im really, vegie maths is just that.. vegie maths. the only suprise might be a complicated addition sum or sumthing.. im looking forward to it... you poor mathmatics students were you guys in tears like the boy in the article?? (hhehhehehe.. im soooo glad i dropped 2 unit) its true ull be scaled well thou..

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by arls
whoa.. didnt realise it was that bad... im doing general today.. i hope they dont chuck in anything as hard as yours was!!! but im really, vegie maths is just that.. vegie maths. the only suprise might be a complicated addition sum or sumthing.. im looking forward to it... you poor mathmatics students were you guys in tears like the boy in the article?? (hhehhehehe.. im soooo glad i dropped 2 unit) its true ull be scaled well thou..
lol, yeah 80% of my year does general maths...and most of them fail with the highest mark being 60%....:rolleyes: :D

btw, goodluck on ya exam 2day! :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
''Teachers' opinions were divided over whether too much had been crammed into the 2-unit paper, but most agreed it was the hardest that year 12 students had faced for some years.''

damn right - thats for sure!

funkychickie

at least i no i got parts of #10 right- i am so stoked!!!!!
heheh yeh it was preeeetty tough- i just thought it would be a walk in the park cause last years was preeettty good- but no such luck!!!!
oh well its over cant do much about that now!!!!
goodluck guys

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
''Teachers' opinions were divided over whether too much had been crammed into the 2-unit paper, but most agreed it was the hardest that year 12 students had faced for some years.''

damn right - thats for sure!
most of the teachers at my school said it was a pretty fair paper... they didn't think it was that bad

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
my teacher was standing outside the exam and as soon as we came out she rushed over and grabbed a copy of the exam.i was crying so i left before i could hear what she said.

how the hell do u "bomb" something cheerfuly? what the hell is wrong with that guy? oh, thats right, james ruse = smarty -pants so gonna get 100 on everything else. my bad.

oh well at least i do more than 10 units so *fingers crossed* the bastards wont count maths

uggg that means i had better go study for other exams....ahhh!!

FreAkay

i do 12Units also... but i needed maths 2 count for what i wanted 2 do ... ok ... i am now fucked 4 life its ok ... i'll go sit in a waste paper bin outside a rich persons property beggin for food. I wont b the only 1... we can have a sign saying "we failed 2003 maths paper" and people will automatically feel pitty for us.

Bloody english made everyone think the HSC was gonna b easy! not cool. If u want to talk to me... come visit me in my waste paper bin home.

chris42

HSC
"Answer to question 10, part (iii): $2324.47 And part (iv): $499"

Whats with this ? Whose going to pay 2 thousand dollars for a maths exam answer :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't see the smiley and thought u were serious

well i know i got iv wrong!
i can't remember iii

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
guys... im sure you'll all do well... lol ppl are complaining with raw marks 90-110... come oN!!! thats bloody awesome!!!

Im sure it wasnt that hard, it just seemed like it because we were under exam conditions and stressed out...

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
I almost fell asleep in the maths exam, i was so tired i couldnt concentrate, so things i normally knew just werent surfacing. BUt atleast a lot of othas have fucked up aswell, maybe there's hope for a band 5 with my abysmal raw mark.
I also started doin 10bii and knew how to get the answer but ran outta time.
Im pissed of with this whole HSC. Im still cut about the area of study paper sectionII. How uninspiring were those pictures. Anyway this is maths so I say USONOFABITCH

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Here's the f*en transcript (should be placed in an English exam I suppose!!!):

BOS1 = We haven't been in the newspaper much recently.
BOS2 = No we haven't, let's do something really rotten to this years' HSC students to get some media attention.
BOS1 = Hooray! Let's steal a University maths paper and rip out questions we 'think' this years' students will be able to do.

* 1 hour later *

BOS2 = TEH RIPZOR IS COMPLETEZOR!!!!111
BOS1 = Nice...
BOS2 = I don't think this is too hard...
BOS1 = No way! I could do that in 5 minutes, easily.
BOS2 = Oh you're so smart BOS1!
BOS1 = No, you are BOS2... Who would have ever thought to take some gay block shit and disguise it as a Sequences and Series question.
BOS2 = We're both smart...
BOS1 = I love you.
BOS2 = I love you too.

* 2 hours later *

BOS1 = Wow that was excellent. Now what happens now.
BOS2 = Oh yah that mathematics paper.
BOS1 = Oh yes, I'll just go and take it to the Xerox machine and make a few thousand copies for tomorrow's exam.
BOS2 = Bwahahahaha...

* The next day *

Innocent2UStudent1 = *Opens paper* WHAT THE FUCK?!?
Innocent2UStudent2 = ... You son of a bitch
Innocent2UStudent3 = AAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

* 3 hours later *

Innocent2UStudent1 = FUCK!
SMHReporter = Wow that seemed hard. What are your thoughts on the exam?
Innocent2UStudent2 = WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!?

* Somewhere in a nearby bush *

BOS1 = Bwahahahaha mission accomplished, BOS2.
BOS2 = Just wait till they see the 3U paper.

* Wednesday October 29, Just after the 3U Paper *

Takuya = ARE YOU THE BOS?
BOS1 = *whimpers* ... Yes ... ?
Takuya = YOU SON OF A BITCH *EXPLODE*

* BOOM!!! *

End.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if only we'd had our English paper after our maths paper, I could have written this for my Area of Study part 2. Maybe I'd do the wedding picture and have BOS1 and BOS2 getting married, but I would storm the wedding with my so-called weapons of mass destruction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)