Slight dilemma... (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
When does UAC publish our offers in the news paper? do they publish the early January offers as well?

Last edited:

UACInfo

Universities Admissions Centre, www.uac.edu.au
HSC
N/A
That's correct. All offers made up to that point will be published.

jniranjan

HSC
Sorry to hijack this thread. UAC info, I have accepted an early jan offer to uts. Can i now remove that course from my preferences?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
That's correct. All offers made up to that point will be published.
Wait...so even though we haven't accepted the offer(s) they will still be published in the paper on the 19th of Jan?

I thought my offer only gets published If I accept my offer.

EDIT: ah yeah, just read the UAC 2012 guide, it's says early Jan offers are published with the main round offers on the 19th of Jan :)

Thanks.

What if I get more than one offer? are both offers published in the paper?

Last edited:

jniranjan

HSC
Yeah wouldn't mind knowing that too.
I called UTS, and the guy either didn't understand what I was trying to say, or he doesn't want me to remove it from my prefs. I called UAC, and after a long wait, the Indian lady told me you can remove it from your prefs. :)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I called UTS, and the guy either didn't understand what I was trying to say, or he doesn't want me to remove it from my prefs. I called UAC, and after a long wait, the Indian lady told me you can remove it from your prefs. :)
Thanks, I tried ringing both uts and uac but both lines are busy :/

would you happen to know this qs... What if I get more than one offer? are both offers published in the paper?

jniranjan

HSC
What if I get more than one offer? are both offers published in the paper?
I think I remember reading somewhere that both early jan and main round offers are published in the paper the day after offers are released.

Edit: I saw your pm, and i replied, but I don't know if you got it, cause i see no record of my sent message. Anyway, I got into engineering/business. I went to the unsw and uts info days yesterday, and my impressions are that uts staff are more likeable, but unsw staff are more knowledgeable.

Last edited:

friend177

HSC
Sorry to hijack this thread. UAC info, I have accepted an early jan offer to uts. Can i now remove that course from my preferences?
dude when you accept did you enrol or did you just accept from UAC thingy

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Do they publish EVERYBODY's offer's on the newspaper? Seriously?

How do they do it? I'm guessing something like:

Last name Name Course Code

??

jniranjan

HSC
Just accept on uac. I started enrolling, but I stopped on like the second page.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Do they publish EVERYBODY's offer's on the newspaper? Seriously?

How do they do it? I'm guessing something like:

Last name Name Course Code

??
Yeah, that's how they do it.

I remember reading the paper in 2009 and it had the first letter of your first name then last name then course code.

so it would be J. Smithlan 568901 and then you can go look it up to see what course it is.

I would of thought they only publish what you accept. because if you have multiple offers, do they just put multiple codes next to ur name?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
That explains a lot.

I had a substitute teacher send me a letter of congratulations for getting into USYD.

I was totally freaked as to how she found out.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You get ONE offer per round so the only people who would have two offers published next week would be those who have an early round offer and a different main round offer.

When the second round offers are made they are also published as are the final round offers.

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
The Sydney Morning Herald and The Daily Telegraph for the 19th of Jan should publish the main round offers, and should be available from certain stores (I remember my sister went to the local 7/11 in 2010) from ~9pm of the 18th.

Correct me if am I wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)