sliding doors: anyone doing IJ about this? (1 Viewer)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
if so, please PM or email me at hypnotik_poison88@hotmail.com . i really wanna do this text for my imaginative journeys assessment but i have no idea where to start.
Can anyone identify the various techniques which are used throughout the film? thank you soooo much =)

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
heyy umm yeah i've watched the movie three and a half times, there's tonnes of techniques but the only thing i have trouble with is the process of putting these ideas into an essay-like form.

MingGe

HSC
Never watched sliding doors. Should do it sometime while i have time huh! Is it good. But i noe its an imaginative journey

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
MingGe said:
Never watched sliding doors. Should do it sometime while i have time huh! Is it good. But i noe its an imaginative journey
its alright i suppose, a little bit confusing though.

*sasha*

HSC
denise_ said:
if so, please PM or email me at hypnotik_poison88@hotmail.com . i really wanna do this text for my imaginative journeys assessment but i have no idea where to start.
Can anyone identify the various techniques which are used throughout the film? thank you soooo much =)
omg i was just going to make a thread EXACTLY on this. so could i also be emailed if anyone has any techniques?.. :D thanks!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
well a technique which is used is the comparison between her life if she caught the train and when she didnt? i think it was the train sorry havent seen it for a long time =P

denise_ said:
heyy umm yeah i've watched the movie three and a half times, there's tonnes of techniques but the only thing i have trouble with is the process of putting these ideas into an essay-like form.
i know how you just feel hehe

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
I'm doing Sliding Doors too! Well I just decided to about 5 mins ago... anyone got any ideas about a Coleridge poem it relates to particularly?...

frankenslut

hella adequate
HSC
a-m-e-e-e said:
I'm doing Sliding Doors too! Well I just decided to about 5 mins ago... anyone got any ideas about a Coleridge poem it relates to particularly?...
lime tree bower - the bereftness of the train journey results in appreciating whats around her - coming to the same enjoyment in the conclusion as if she had gone along..

just woke up ::Shrug:: :)

skerno07

HSC
hahaha i came on here to make sure that i wasnt crazy and sliding doors was an ok text to choose for the imaginative journey. i actually just finished watching it...

i think its a really good text but does someone rekon they can clear somehting up? is it more about the imaginative journey of the audience surrounding the speculation of 'what if'? cause im not the best at analysis. lol

Won Hyo Mi

HSC
I've seek advice from my teacher like months ago...and she said this is just an OK text...becuase the ending of her appreciating what's around er wasn't clearly presented...so you would have to try and convince the marker well...esp those that have watched it...from my perspective...most of the markers have watched this movie already

I really enjoy it as well...but after all it's a chick flick...like the lake house...try doing journey on it...the transportation of knowledge and understanding...Lake house is actually pretty good...but then again tight...it's not like Big Fish which is a much more clearer to the eye...

Abt your essay probs...man you have to fix that yourself...just try gathering all the ideas you have right now and grp them together...

Actually I have use Sliding doors as my prelim text for Change my teacher said i did pretty well...and I got a pretty good mark too...my advice...try getting something that you could elaborate on...cause this movie can't escape from teh chick-flick-dark-section...ohh and don't do disney stuff...i heard it's bad...

EDIT

heheh OMG I'm laughing at myself right now...this post is old...anyway to those who's considering doing this then

Last edited:

madmaddie

HSC
hi i was wondering if any one could help me i am doing change and i am doing sliding doors as one of my texts about change and i was wondering how change is shown in the text other than the obviouse of her missing and catching the train and how that changes her lifes outcomes also what kind of change is shown is it self change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)