Skrzynecki-Leaving Home help please. (1 Viewer)

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
It's probably a stupid question, but quoting my teachers 'no question is stupid to ask' but what's the deal with the Chagall thing and the Scipio Africanus thing in the poem and how does it connect to the journey? Please reply I really need the help.

Power of One

HSC
N/A
Re Scipio Africanus he was a roman general and in the poem the writer feels he will never come back to head office until he is the equivalent, in other words the person in charge. He never wants to feel under-rated. It fits in with the journey in that it is about changing himself to a person who has a position of authority and can tell someone else where to go (so to speak!)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I hate Skrzynecki!!!!!

The use of Chagall is related to the fact Skrzynecki was ordered to move to a remote countryside a hundred miles away. Chagall is a famous Russian (check his nationality again) artist with his pictures surrounding the lives of countrymen and women and an inextricable presence/existence of a fiddle. Thus, his aim when using this detail is to reflect on his imagination of being welcome by (these shit) people.

Good luck with your 'Skrzynecki' battle.

adrian buffalo

HSC
does anyone have an opinion about this, Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saëns(research the song if u dont know it), has any relation to chaggals fiddler, as this song is based on a poem by Henri Cazalis:

Zig, zig, zig, Death in a cadence,
Striking with his heel a tomb,
Death at midnight plays a dance-tune,
Zig, zig, zig, on his violin.
The winter wind blows and the night is dark;
Moans are heard in the linden trees.
Through the gloom, white skeletons pass,
Running and leaping in their shrouds.
Zig, zig, zig, each one is frisking,
The bones of the dancers are heard to crack—
But hist! of a sudden they quit the round,
They push forward, they fly; the cock has crowed.

if u have an opinon, pleeeaaase reply!!!

thanx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)