Skrynecki and Stimulus booklet (1 Viewer)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
What have people studying Skrzynecki choosen as their text from the stimulus booklet? How did you relate it?

fugazi

HSC
Mm, I'd like to know too.
I'm using Immigrants at Central Station, 1951 and Feliks Skrzynecki as my poems.
I'm attempting to relate them to The Road Not Taken or The Wind in the Willows.

My link is so vague that I haven't even thought of it up until this post. Go me.
On the spot though, I'll say that... both Immigrants and Wind in the Willows are set before the journey? Juxtaposing feelings of apprehension and excitement. Maybe... mixed feelings upon embarking on a physical journey?

Since The Road Not Taken is based on decisions, I guess I could integrate the decisions of Peter that are based on the role model of his father?
"Watched me pegging my tents/ Further and further south of Hadrian's Wall," could directly relate to The Road Not Taken as Peter's decision to drift away from his Polish decent is a decision he cannot repeat?

pmr_123

HSC
i have chosen my stimulus booklet text as The Road Not Taken, and i figure i can relate it to Skrzynecki through his poem A Drive In The Country, about the choices that he has had to make... it seems like a long shit, but i thought it was an interesting waay to attack it.

my only issue is that i read something that said that you can't use The Road Not Taken as a text because it's a poem!!!!!
does anyone know if this is true or absolute bullshit????? if it's true, i am so screwed.........

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
i had all my information written up from the trials and i was using the road not taken, i got really good marks, and now i cant find my info anywhere so i have to start again :-(
I guess they were lying then because no one told me when i did it and almost everyone i know is using the road not taken with skrzynecki

pmr_123

HSC
thanks, i've been using The Road Not Taken for assessments, and my teacher never said there was an issue with it, just freaked me out when i read it

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
fugazi I'm using Immigrants at Central Station said:
i can't decide what poems to use! i've got so much information on each one but i dont want to have to know them all really well for the exam...

Illidan

HSC
we were reccommended to learn 4 poems, but only discuss three. mine are. felix, country, postcard and red sea. i'm using journeys over land and sea from the stimulus. it relates fairly well to most of the above.

Aimz- Lou.

I'm using Feliks Skrzynecki, Immigrants at Central Station, Crossing the Red Sea and Post Card. My Stimulus Booklet text is either Blood on The Tracks, The Town Where Time Stood Still, or Journeys over land and Sea, depending on the question. Link by ideas - so TTWTSS relates to CtRS because they both deal with the concept of an emotional transformation as the result of a physical journey...

coffeeblack

HSC
You can use Road Not Taken but if you're doing Skrzynecki it would be more advisable to pick another BOS text so you have a range of text types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)