Skool Uniform !!!!! (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
On the third warning we get an afternoon detention and after having detention, 3 times, we get suspended. Inspections are done by our roll call teachers each morning. We're only allowed to wear studs/sleepers, one ring, one bracelet and one necklace - No anklets.

Girls wearing the school pants can't roll them up to make them look cool (I have no idea what these girls are thinking...). We're not allowed to add those clip on Supre belts as an accessory because 'school isn't where you're supposed to make a fashion statement'.

You can wear a belt with your pants... They're not allowed to be seen though. We have to tuck in our shirts when wearing our school jumpers, but we can leave the shirts untucked without them. Only black/white socks - No ankle socks. Sometimes, if the teachers know that you live close to the school, they send you home to change whatever that is offensive, and you have to come back for them to inspect and sign you off.

Oh school... How yu make me laugh! :rofl:
and i thought they only did that in Catholic and private schools hahah ..

P

pLuvia

When we had sport, if you were out of sport uniform as in you didn't wear the correct one, you would get an afternoon detention

But no more sport :D:D

karoooh

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
and i thought they only did that in Catholic and private schools hahah ..
Yeah I know! But uniform gives out a great image - No matter how much I HATE my principal, it's true. And apart from the 9 govt. schools in the City and Eastern Suburbs area, we've got about 23 private school's surrounding us... But I don't mind... I can't believe I'm saying this, but uniform counts a lot in getting people to attend your school. :p

P

pLuvia

I can't believe I'm saying this, but uniform counts a lot in getting people to attend your school.
That's what our stupid principal says :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
Yeah I know! But uniform gives out a great image - No matter how much I HATE my principal, it's true. And apart from the 9 govt. schools in the City and Eastern Suburbs area, we've got about 23 private school's surrounding us... But I don't mind... I can't believe I'm saying this, but uniform counts a lot in getting people to attend your school. :p
yes wear your uniform proudly, keep your head high and make randwick proud !

karoooh

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
yes wear your uniform proudly, keep your head high and make randwick proud !
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Thanks Dennis - I really appreciate that! :p

Boy, would my principal love to have you at the school... The only thing is, well, you're not a girl! :D:D:D

But I know you are, deep down! You're such a great friend - See, no white lies! Just the truth! :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Thanks Dennis - I really appreciate that! :p

Boy, would my principal love to have you at the school... The only thing is, well, you're not a girl! :D:D:D

But I know you are, deep down! You're such a great friend - See, no white lies! Just the truth! :p
yes lar every school would want me as i would uphold the school spirit. haha no ..

karoooh said:
pshht i've always been a great friend and you never realised ? im shocked, i dunno what you would do without me haha. and no im not female even as much as you want me to be >_>

Last edited:

ange123321

HSC
when i first came to my school in 2002 (newtown) everybody was pretty much wearing anything to school i.e thongs, make-up, earings,socks, difference jackets etc etc and over the last couple of years there been a major crack down, i'd say people are alot better with it. Teachers are stricter on getting a "uniform pass". You can risk not getting a pass, but then if a teacher asks for one they'll just send you up to get one... no one really gets into trouble i dont think- unless you get known buy the teachers or something
There also trying to make people wear enclosed shoes to coinside with health and safety- all the girl used to wear the mary-jane style ones. They've even ordered the little french style hat- i swear theyre trying to make us into a little private school lol... OH and now if you show up to school in thongs you get sent home HA!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah my school's strict on thongs as well; on mufti days, we're not allowed to wear offensive t-shirts, jewelry, thongs, we have to wear closed shoes in fact. A breach of the rules results in detention.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You are not even aloud on the school site without enclosed shoes and that is one aspect that the school is very strict upon and with good reason as it is one very valid OH&S rule\law.

Last edited:

Pubert

HSC
LOL, i have never even heard of a school forcing students to do up their buttons. My school doesen't care as long as you buy the uniform from the uniform shop.

The only thing remotely close to what you guys are talking about is wearing black shoes, but they dont have to be leather. And we can get away with having a little nike tick or something.

We arn't allowed to wear coloured undershirts that show through the school uniform but white.singlets are allowed.

On wednesdays we are either allowed to wear the full school uniform or full sports uniform, not a mixture of both.

If you have the wrong uniform on any day then you are asked to make a uniform pass or are put on half lunch detention. I'm not sure on how many detentions there are until theres another punishment.

But, we are allowed to wear other things like jewelry, belts, not do up all the buttons, jell our hair, dye our hair etc.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Pubert said:
My school doesen't care as long as you buy the uniform from the uniform shop.
how very very true

Pubert said:
The only thing remotely close to what you guys are talking about is wearing black shoes, but they dont have to be leather. And we can get away with having a little nike tick or something.
damn we have to have leather shoes. oh, and must have laces, and done properly as well.

Pubert said:
We arn't allowed to wear coloured undershirts that show through the school uniform but white.singlets are allowed.
singlets are allowed, as long as it doesnt show, e.g. wear a tie.

Pubert said:
But, we are allowed to wear other things like jewelry, belts, not do up all the buttons, jell our hair, dye our hair etc.
at our school this is strict policy, although u need to wear belts.

some people do get away from teacher's snarls with those wrist bands that says "world peace" or "down with poverty" and the like. even some of our monitors have one wrist band per arm. meh, its for a good cause. i hope.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
OMG. :eek: Compared to everything that's been said here, my school is not strict at all! We have a uniform, yes, but as for enforcing the wearing of it...*cough* they're extremely lenient. sometimes i wish they were stricter because its embarrassing the way some kids, especially in the junior school, wear it. There's rules on uniform which nobody ever seems to follow, or even know, and once every few hundred years the principal decides to have a "blitz" on uniform...which basically consists of handing out uniform warning passes during year meetings. Things got marginally stricter last year when we got a new deputy principal but not enough to make a noticeable difference. The only rule with shoes is that they have to be enclosed, and technically either black or white, but practically everyone just wears joggers/sneakers. Um as long as ur in school colours it's considered okay, although many people dont even bother to do that - come to my school in winter and you'll see what i mean. seniors can wear navy blue jumpers instead of royal blue if they want...school emblem not compulsory...ummm and yeah, very very lenient. no rules about hairstyles or colours or jewelery or makeup as far as i know. and as a result we have a lot of very slutty looking girls wandering around and some people who, except for the fact that they're wearing a white shirt arent actually in uniform at all.

xx__savannah

HSC
Wow, someone from my school already posted on policy. Girls are allowed a watch, bracelet, necklace (with gold medallion or cross, apparently, but no-one's ever been pulled up for that) and one set of earrings. Sleeper's can't be any bigger than 1.5cm in diameter, but seniors basically get away with more, as long as they're not that big.

With the girl's uniform, the skirt's alright, and so is the weird senior tie that matches it, and it goes well with our white blouses. The blouses are an absolute tent, so everyone looks about 2 sizes bigger when wearing one, unless you look like a stick. The matching 'dress' ankle socks aren't bad, but would be much better suited to the sports uniform, which are too hot in summer. The senior cardigans are the biggest joke. Sixty dollars for something that isn't too warm, scratchy, and doesn't cover most of the chest. Principal replies "But it looks good" to complaints that they're not warm enough.
We only have to wear blazers if we're representing our school, and the guys don't have to wear their ties unless they want to or representing.
The guys' uniform is pretty good. Grey shorts or long pants, white shirt, grey (usually knee-high) socks.
Overall, when I used to go to Catholic Schools State Debating Competitions, we'd always have one of the better uniforms, so that's a good thing.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
OMG. :eek: Compared to everything that's been said here, my school is not strict at all! We have a uniform, yes, but as for enforcing the wearing of it...*cough* they're extremely lenient. sometimes i wish they were stricter because its embarrassing the way some kids, especially in the junior school, wear it. There's rules on uniform which nobody ever seems to follow, or even know, and once every few hundred years the principal decides to have a "blitz" on uniform...which basically consists of handing out uniform warning passes during year meetings. Things got marginally stricter last year when we got a new deputy principal but not enough to make a noticeable difference. The only rule with shoes is that they have to be enclosed, and technically either black or white, but practically everyone just wears joggers/sneakers. Um as long as ur in school colours it's considered okay, although many people dont even bother to do that - come to my school in winter and you'll see what i mean. seniors can wear navy blue jumpers instead of royal blue if they want...school emblem not compulsory...ummm and yeah, very very lenient. no rules about hairstyles or colours or jewelery or makeup as far as i know. and as a result we have a lot of very slutty looking girls wandering around and some people who, except for the fact that they're wearing a white shirt arent actually in uniform at all.

My school is ridiculously lenient on uniform also..like yourself Cosmic Doris I wish it were stricter, because its a nice uniform and everyone.... just modifies it.

<b>Shoes:</b> We're meant to wear black shoes, white or black socks, so people turn up wearing Doc Martens and converses (HATE em). I've gotten away with knee high black boots when its raining though *woot*.

<b>School jumpers jackets:</b> An utter shambles, since most people arent bothered to pay the $70 odd dollars for the stupid heavy woolen jumper they just turn up in random black jumpers/jackets. Its gross.

<b>School Skirts:</b> Black (thats the only thing people follow) in varying lengths depending what clique you're apart of. If you're a hippy feminist lesbian its long and lacy. If you're a slut its supre short. Me? I picked Supre short to piss off the hippy feminist lesbians. Can also wear black pants (the kind you get for "work")

<b>Blazers/Hats/all that crap: </b> Blazers are only for formal occasions. Hats are only worn by the primary school children. I seem to get away with a red beret once in a while though (red is NOT in my school colours). We can wear the tie however we like it although we're meant to wear it properly.

No rules about hair (we have people with mohawks and afros), earrings and jewellry of most sorts allowed except spikes + giant earrings. Makeup, if you wear it thick you get paid out anyway.

Strictest rules have been in the school photos, no jewellry, NEAT hair etc etc

<i>Keeping all this in mind there is a uniform office thingy where you go to get "out of uniform slips". This doesnt mean any one will get reprimanded though, just gives you creative power for coming up with new and decent excuses as to why you're out of uniform.</i>

A l

HSC
N/A
When I came across the uniform policy section ages ago in the information booklet, I misread a particular point. I had once thought that if students wear items that are not part of the uniform code, they must be removed or else they will be confiscated. This includes any shirts/jackets, pants/trousers, hat and shoes that are not part of the school uniform. The thought of having a non-school uniform shirt (back in primary school I used to wear cheaper substitutes for school uniform lol) being removed and confiscated in front of a teacher practically terrified me into strictly wearing school uniform. The next time I checked I realised that non-uniform clothing and items may be confiscated. lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
A l said:
When I came across the uniform policy section ages ago in the information booklet, I misread a particular point. I had once thought that if students wear items that are not part of the uniform code, they must be removed or else they will be confiscated. This includes any shirts/jackets, pants/trousers, hat and shoes that are not part of the school uniform. The thought of having a non-school uniform shirt (back in primary school I used to wear cheaper substitutes for school uniform lol) being removed and confiscated in front of a teacher practically terrified me into strictly wearing school uniform. The next time I checked I realised that non-uniform clothing and items may be confiscated. lol
l m f a o.

that's all i can say to that! haha.

umm. here's 2 pictures of me in uniform; although, u can just only see the top half.

don't mind the poses ... i was acting silly <_<

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
shinji said:
l m f a o.

that's all i can say to that! haha.

umm. here's 2 pictures of me in uniform; although, u can just only see the top half.

don't mind the poses ... i was acting silly <_<
...LOL. Brilliant.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
pLuvia said:
haha great pics shinji
haha thanks. XD

my uniform is pretty comfy .. besides when its like 35+ degrees ... our canteen area turns into a conventional oven. nothing like standing in a pool of human sweat for 20mins trying to get ur lunch.!!

also business shirt is pretty cool. it has buttons so when its hot; i just unbutton a button or 2...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)