Skool marks...what if u screwed up half-yearlies? (1 Viewer)

ReTArdEd

HSC
ne1 who got ova 99UAI...can u answer ma quest..??

okai, well im realli stressed out @ d mo cause i realli want 2 do law @syd or nsw uni n that requires ova 99 *sigh*...n the thing is i totalli screwed up my half-yearlies, i used 2 get 90s for all my subjects, but ive been getting predominately 80s for most of my half-yearlie exams....soooooooo, i need 2 knoe...do i still hav a chance @ getting ova 99 as a UAI, even tho i screwed up these assessments which in each subject countz fo 20% of out total skool assesment mark...undefined

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
ReTArdEd said:
okai, well im realli stressed out @ d mo cause i realli want 2 do law @syd or nsw uni n that requires ova 99 *sigh*...n the thing is i totalli screwed up my half-yearlies, i used 2 get 90s for all my subjects, but ive been getting predominately 80s for most of my half-yearlie exams....soooooooo, i need 2 knoe...do i still hav a chance @ getting ova 99 as a UAI, even tho i screwed up these assessments which in each subject countz fo 20% of out total skool assesment mark...undefined
Retard, don't worry. Whatever you do, don't worry.

Let's face it, everyone's human. What differentiates humans from dropouts is comitment. It was Anthony Robbins - my current life coach, who said "Life is all about growth...Stagnancy is evil and stops growth. I like to see occasional [mistakes] as God's way of telling me to try harder".

Don't worry. Persist. And the rest should follow.

line_backer

HSC
ReTArdEd said:
Realistically, your chances are dead. However, if you are achieving good ranks with those 80's then you still have a glimmer of hope.

hasterz

HSC
it all depends on rank and what school you go to

if u go to a kickass school and you got 80 and the average was low then its still really good

in fact for some subs like 4 u maths 80 is like excellent

so it depends , we cant give u an indication with the lack of information you have given us.

HSC
if you walk in, absoloutley demolish your next series of exams (term 2 exams), your trials and your HSC, you will hit 95 at LEAST

kow_dude

HSC
ReTArdEd said:
It depends what school you go to. I know someone who screwed in TRIALS and still got 99.7.

darkwarrior2

HSC
Ur marks are ok

If i got 80+ in most of my exams id be over the moon!
But u wanna do law so i dun really know.
I just got my halfyrlys back too and did pretty crap, getting 60% so im wodnering, CAN U REDEEM URSELF!?

kow_dude

HSC
The purpose of half-yearlies is to screw you up, so (hopefully) you would become more motivated to do work. Do NOT let your half-yearly marks drag your future performance. If you just work effectively and consistently from now to the hsc, i am positive that you will get a UAI higher than you expected.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ReTArdEd said:
To summarise what everyone has said in this thread:

1. You can't determine or even accurately estimate your HSC marks by merely observing your school assessment marks.
2. Yes, you can still get 99+
3. Focus on the rest of the year. Your half-yearlies only count towards a small proportion of your entire HSC results. You most probably still have at least 50% of school assessments left to regain ground on your peers.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
line_backer said:
Realistically, your chances are dead. However, if you are achieving good ranks with those 80's then you still have a glimmer of hope.
I think it's best to stick to positive outlooks for the time being...his chances of succeeding certainly aren't dead - refer to my post above.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I was thinking of asking the same question... what if you go to a school that usually does pretty crap in the hsc, then you don't do well but you rank well in SOME classes but not others... am I still screwed?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Zoltan said:
I was thinking of asking the same question... what if you go to a school that usually does pretty crap in the hsc, then you don't do well but you rank well in SOME classes but not others... am I still screwed?
It really depends on your yeargroup. One year isn't necessarily an indication of the ability of the next. Just try your best...why worry about anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)