skipping and changing lectures..lol (1 Viewer)

nick.milevski

HSC
my friend is coming to my ECON1101 lecture today bcoz he wants to skip the 1 he has tmrw as he has something important to do. in my opinion this is a rad idea as you can find out when all lectures other than urs are on and attend them instead of the 1z uve chosen bcoz everything else was full. logically you cant skip and change ur tutorial classes but dont uze rekon that going to diff lecture times that suit you is a good idea? its not like they mark the roll or something. does any1 see a problem with this? yaaaaa =p

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
That actually isnt a bad idea. Though it would be wise to just go most of the time to your actual scheduled lectures for one's sake (in order to avoid confusing yourself with your own timetable.) Also, the lectures may have different lecturers (I'm not too sure on this however...) so one lecturer's style of teaching you may consider inferior to another's.

Regardless, that isnt a very bad idea at all though I probably wouldnt engage in this sort of activity since I prefer my timetable just fine.

GaNeSh

Official Chelsea FC Ultra
HSC
See the thing is about 90% of students already harbour similar ideas. I am glad you have figured this out yourself.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
nick.milevski said:
my friend is coming to my ECON1101 lecture today bcoz he wants to skip the 1 he has tmrw as he has something important to do. in my opinion this is a rad idea as you can find out when all lectures other than urs are on and attend them instead of the 1z uve chosen bcoz everything else was full. logically you cant skip and change ur tutorial classes but dont uze rekon that going to diff lecture times that suit you is a good idea? its not like they mark the roll or something. does any1 see a problem with this? yaaaaa =p
Lectures are normally done in 2hr blocks and so if you turn up to a 1hr lecture that isn't on your timetable (having been to a 1hr lecture which WAS on your timetable) you might actually be repeating everything you covered in the earlier 1hr lecture.

That looks confusing. I mean e.g. your timetable says you have an econ1101 lecture at 2-3pm tues and 4-5pm thurs. If you decide to miss the 4-5pm thurs and decide to go to one on wed 4-5pm then that lecture may be simply covering everything you did on tues.

By the f*cking way in another thread it said that there's no econ 1101 tutes for the first week but on myunsw timetable for week 1 it only says i have no fins and acct tutes, but i still have econ1101 and 1202 tutes.

What's the go?

nick.milevski

HSC
yeh dw bout it dude my timetable said that same thing for ECON tutes but the lecturer repeated over and over again that they start in week 2. it mustve been some mistake so yah. reow

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Lectures are allocated for a reason. If everyone turned up to the favourable lecture, or randoms who dont even do the subject come, it'll turn out like last year where the lecture becomes too full and the lecturer just stops allowing any more people from entering the room - meaning people who are actually meant to be there might not be allowed in. If it does get that bad, lecturers will start marking rolls, or at least randomly inspect people to see if they belong there.

As for tutes, you cant turn up to whichever you want since rolls are marked there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)