• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Skinnies vs. flares/bootlegs (1 Viewer)

Skinnies or wider bootlegs/flares?

• Gimme skinnies!!!

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Bootlegs and flares

Votes: 65 63.7%

• Total voters

payafee

HSC
what's the difference between a bootcut and a straightleg?

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Bootlegs are a little flared at the bottom to add room for.. well, boots. Straight legs are almost skintight the whole way down.

I heart flares

katy-g

HSC
I HATE SKINNY LEGGED JEANS.

i hate girls who wear skinny legged jeans.

Purely because i cant wear them... I cant personally pull them off. I have a bigger thigh than waist so it is almost impossible for me to look semi decent.

So in conclusion i agree with Malfoy and the above poster who said they suck.

:burn:

Lainee

HSC
:eek: Up until a few weeks ago, I was anti-skinny jeans. Now... let's just say my wardrobe consists mainly of them. And god am I not skinny, I've got hips, bum, thighs the lot, curvy to the max, but I do really like how I look in skinnies. I'm most definately not catwalk material, but bootlegs do me no good and skinnies do me no harm. I'm still un-skinny either way... but I feel more sexy and feminine in ye ol' skinnies. :) So shoot me for wearing them, but I'd rather die in skinnies!

*spreading the skinny-jeans love since 2006*

pete_mate

HSC
can i have some advice?

being a pretty skinny male, what kind of jeans should i get?

im not emo tho,

thanks alot

Always

HSC
Skinny jeans are the most flattering cut on me. They are a slim fit all the way down and thus doesn't add any bulk.

Flares, on the otherhand, look hideous on me. They make me look fat and out of porportion. Plus, I don't know what I'd wear with them.

technoHarmony

nnnnnnnn
HSC
pete_mate said:
can i have some advice?

im not emo tho,

thanks alot
hahaha

'im not emo tho'

Lainee

HSC
pete_mate said:
can i have some advice?

im not emo tho,

thanks alot
:p Some guys really look hot in skinnies. Since you're not use to wearing them (and people are not use to seeing you wearing them), I'd probably try straight legged ones, not black (will make your legs look like chopsticks if you're *too* thin), and probably not of too thin material as will look like leggings and may be too effeminate (read: emo). Something on the lines of this pair from Joe's -- http://www.revolveclothing.com/images/JOE-MJ7_V1.jpg Though tucking shirt in NOT advisable. :p

shortie_689

HSC
kathelle said:
I think that we are going to look back on skinny jeans and cringe. I mean look at them and tell me if there isnt a little niggling thought in th back of your mind that there is something wrong. I think it will be a fashion mistake when we look back.
amen to that...
today i was out buying jeans and i cant stand skinny legs im short im a runner an therefore have chunky thighs an seriously i look like an upside down turnip...
anyway i was in GP and the guy serving me abslutly stunning may I add was asking me about style anyway i told him NO SKINNIES an he was literally kissing my ass from then on... From a guys perspective u look like ur wearing leggings an they well according to him want more shape he was sayin he is so sick of the skinnies an wants to see more shape coming back

froggy_chik87

HSC
it would be physically impossible for me to wear skinnies. So i prefer flares/bootleg but even then bootleg can be difficult to find (for my body shape) i need a pair of jeans with some stretch in them, and i find that bootleg are made from the hard denim, not stretch, where as flares are generally made from stretch denim! Anyone know of a place that sells bootleg jeans with at least A BIT of stretch in them?

frootloop

HSC
shortie_689 said:
amen to that...
today i was out buying jeans and i cant stand skinny legs im short im a runner an therefore have chunky thighs an seriously i look like an upside down turnip...
anyway i was in GP and the guy serving me abslutly stunning may I add was asking me about style anyway i told him NO SKINNIES an he was literally kissing my ass from then on... From a guys perspective u look like ur wearing leggings an they well according to him want more shape he was sayin he is so sick of the skinnies an wants to see more shape coming back
:D

It's great to hear that guys don't like skinny leg jeans on girls because I think they'd look wrong on me. (I've got the chunky leg thing as well... I could lie and say I was 'athletic' but I'm so not...)

Leggings are wrong to begin with.... so why make them out of denim?

Don't get me wrong some people look great in skinnys... but I just think that bootcuts are better. :)

Last edited:

vg_woz_here

HSC
i hate skinnies....looks good on some people..but not for others

i love the bootleg, some flares and wide leg pants..its so much more practical

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
it would be physically impossible for me to wear skinnies. So i prefer flares/bootleg but even then bootleg can be difficult to find (for my body shape) i need a pair of jeans with some stretch in them, and i find that bootleg are made from the hard denim, not stretch, where as flares are generally made from stretch denim! Anyone know of a place that sells bootleg jeans with at least A BIT of stretch in them?
for well priced jeans, go to giordano, target and jeanswest. They have bootcut in comfortable stretch denim. The only jeans I own are from Giordano or Target. So comfortable. I hate stiff jeans.

kahrinn

HSC
I live in bootlegs but you can say skinnies are very good for tucking into boots!! That's one of the few reasons I have to applaud the skinny for! Apart from that, yeh- bootlegs supposedly make short people like me....taller!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
<3 bootlegs

i have a pair of now uber tight skinnies that, since i put on the tiniest bit of weight, are like the orgasm pants someone was talking about a while back - tightest thing on the planet that are just bloody hard to get into. shame they didnt have anything past an 11 (strange sizing i know) back when i bought them ($40 i think) :( otherwise i'd still be in love

Lizard_Queen

HSC
I love my skinny leg jeans..even if it does mean i'll look
back in a few years time and cringe..
SOME guys are the sex in skinny's...just like it is for girls.
Although it's all about making something work for the individual.
If your obese of course skinny legs are NOT the jean for you..
and i doubt anyone who is 'huge' would be wanting to wear them either.....
Flares are gone....which is upsetting for some but its a fact..
Bootlegs seem to be the all rounder jean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)