• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Skating - take it up? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
cappen said:
i got a customised deck....i bought a blankie and my mate did sum stencils on it...tis a CKY deck wit heartagram....but yea skating is hella fun, and a good way to get around (wen i dnt have my car)
Yeah well skating for me wouldnt only be about tricks, like just "cruisin" kinda, just skating around and shit

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Don't try to olllie up drains. I learnt the hard way :p

But i got my board back :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
shady_03 said:
One thing that i would really like to learn is how to skate, do tricks and stuff but ive heard sooo many horrifically fuked up stories....

Is the danger worth the excitement??? I mean, ppl bail all the time, and some are really nasty and they give up skating. Wat r ur thoughts?
bailing is pulling away from something from fear. not hurting yourself...
your looking for stacks
and i think you should take up skating, so you spend more time doing something else rather than coming onto bored of studies...

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
bailing is pulling away from something from fear. not hurting yourself...
your looking for stacks
and i think you should take up skating, so you spend more time doing something else rather than coming onto bored of studies...
Dude if i do take it up i wanna by an enjoi deck, i saw one its all white with the panda on the bottom, looks killer. Only like $100. But a friend told me u wreck the designs wen u grind...

Neone else know some kewl decks? Post pix if u want

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
element have sum imense decks....buts thats just bias from me

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
shady_03 said:
Dude if i do take it up i wanna by an enjoi deck, i saw one its all white with the panda on the bottom, looks killer. Only like $100. But a friend told me u wreck the designs wen u grind...

please buy this cheap shit deck, then skate all day and all night if you want to become half decent
thats the way it is with any sport... im off to go surfing now

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
please buy this cheap shit deck, then skate all day and all night if you want to become half decent
thats the way it is with any sport... im off to go surfing now
100 bux is cheap for a deck?

tempco

HSC
100 bucks isn't cheap... cheap ones are the ones in big w. 30 bucks for the lot. with 100, you could get yourself a decent deck (i'm assuming you mean the main body only, not including the trucks, bearings, wheels, etc).

G

Gavvvvvin

I think cheap blank decks cost like 80, and ones with graphics are around 140.

munkaii

HSC
A $100 setup should get you a decent setup to begin with. Injury wise, wear pants..the amount of times u get hit in the shins is painful. I am only 16 and i cannot run my hand down both my shins without feeling a bruise.

beggs_69

"you know the holocaust.....picture the total oppo
HSC
shady_03 said:

dude honestly dont bother with the enjoi deck........like seriously ur deck will get ruined and the graphics will be gone real quick.....since ur starting i recommend a blank.....yeh blanks are boring and shit but theyre cheaper and the quality is practically the same. like the enjoi one is 99 while u can pick up a blank for like 60...50 if ur real lucky......did u say u saw the enjoi deck at parra......go to city beach in parra and ull see a dexter blank or hardcore blank...theyre around 60

dont bother getting the expensive shit...its not really worth it. id say get a blank and dont bother putting ur own shit on the bottom either coz its pointless.

beggs_69

"you know the holocaust.....picture the total oppo
HSC
shady_03 said:

dude honestly dont bother with the enjoi deck........like seriously ur deck will get ruined and the graphics will be gone real quick.....since ur starting i recommend a blank.....yeh blanks are boring and shit but theyre cheaper and the quality is practically the same. like the enjoi one is 99 while u can pick up a blank for like 60...50 if ur real lucky......did u say u saw the enjoi deck at parra......go to city beach in parra and ull see a dexter blank or hardcore blank...theyre around 60

dont bother getting the expensive shit...its not really worth it. id say get a blank and dont bother putting ur own shit on the bottom either coz its pointless.

but ye hit is up to you.....like if u really do have the money to spend on it....go ahead coz enjoi are good.....i think i know which one u want....is it the one with the panda like on the left hand side of the decl.....like not in the middle.....if it is just remember ur trucks have to be put on so like u hardly will be able to see the panda anyway...so yeh just something to think about

munkaii

HSC
Graphics will become wrecked on any deck over time. No-one looks at the bottom of a deck, only if you're carrying it around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)