Ska (1 Viewer)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
thanks! i wish i was 18 and lived in newcastle.. i want to see blueline medic and another point, why is it i seem to like overseas bands who always play in 18 + venues or if they are playing all ages i find out the day later? :mad1: oh well, soon enough i'll be able to go :)

skull_and_bones

hey this is my first post so i though i would post to this coz i love ska !! my friends are in a heaps good ska band called titan outfits there the best ! and if u are l-looking for a good gig to go to check out this.....-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PIG DAY OUT 2
All In Favour, Universal, Cherry Prep, A Small Victory, Speedball, Extortion, Baraka
Saturday 24th
Party Pig Studios, 145 Magowar Rd Girraween
1pm
$10 :D :D :D :D

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by skull_and_bones
PIG DAY OUT 2
All In Favour, Universal, Cherry Prep, A Small Victory, Speedball, Extortion, Baraka
Saturday 24th
1pm
Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in.

Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.

In their styes with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon.

spleen

Originally posted by skull_and_bones
hey this is my first post so i though i would post to this coz i love ska !! my friends are in a heaps good ska band called titan outfits there the best ! and if u are l-looking for a good gig to go to check out this.....-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PIG DAY OUT 2
Saturday 24th
1pm

hey man I am thinking about going to that, but where the hell is Girraween?!

Dan_the_man

Ska is cool. Skanking fun but yes it is very retarded but it's still fucken fun. Ska is pretty much punk with a brass section. Punk is definitely a lot harder to define! I saw area 7 a while ago. They went off

del

HSC
N/A
yeah, Reel Big Fish are cool...

The Hippos are too. but they sound kinda poppy

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
the band LESS THAN JAKE goes off!! i love em!! ther old skool ska!! hehe :ninja:

spleen

Coming soon:

Friday 20 - Hometown Throwdown

Lightly Salted Peanuts (NSW), Sounds Like Chicken and more
Panania Anglican Church, Panania, NSW
Doors open 7pm. All ages. $7 entry

Good ska gig. SLC are really good. Havent heard LSP.

Dan_the_man

Originally posted by melbournian
Area 7 going off :laugh: Not in the last 5 years. They were good back in the No Logic and Road Rage days. Now they are just cr@ppy.

And no, ska is not punk with brass. Ska is Punk-Pop crossed with Reggae, basically it has brass instruments, guitars, bass, drums, boards and vocals.

Punk is sort of a homogeneris label. Most bands calling themselves punk these days are punk-pop or power-pop (Good Charlotte etc.), there are some hardcore bands, and many other styles. However, Punk is more a movement, a fight against repression. It reflects an ideology that is no longer really relevant in todays society. Thus I don't think you can use the word Punk for anything more than a homogeneris label.

Area 7 played No Logic... I think their new shit such as nobody likes a bogan is not all that good. yep punk is jsut a label..... or a movement that is quite confused

MysticEye

Originally posted by spleen
Coming soon:

Friday 20 - Hometown Throwdown

Lightly Salted Peanuts (NSW), Sounds Like Chicken and more
Panania Anglican Church, Panania, NSW
Doors open 7pm. All ages. $7 entry

Good ska gig. SLC are really good. Havent heard LSP.
Yeh im going to that tomoz night should be fukin great...sounds like chicken are really gd... and lightly salted peanuts are great too heard alot of their stuff... Theres also another band playing called access denied i believe... a shire punk band... supposed to be pretty gd. I suggest ya get there early mate cuz i know of alotta ppl going don't wanna miss out!

MysticEye

yeh i did... hehe u woulda seen me amongst the group of skankers... slc where heaps gd but yeh lightly salted peanuts wern't as gd as i expected... oh wells. Let me know of any other ska gigs coming up in the future would u plz...

sal

HSC
N/A
yeh!!go ska!! have u guys heard of sounds like chicken.WOOHOO! i also like crying out loud! hmm..YEH! skas cool......!yeh....
keep truckin'
-salski

sal

HSC
N/A
wow guys!! i didnt noe the page went on...derrrr..... yeh LSP broke up!!:( very sad! so yeh wow...i love SLC! and nat, is an awsome gal......hehehe.... so wat subjects do yall do?

MysticEye

mmm sucks that LSP broke up... severe lack of good ska in sydney nowadays :(... anyone seen bagstar live?

spleen

yeah tis a shame lsp are gone. but now my signed lsp single is worth more muahaha. and slc are bloody awseome so are crying out loud. and the porkers, theyre great too.

MysticEye

mmm porkers are great... one of my most favourite band... u heard of rubix cuba.. they are also from newcastle.. download there latest EP - no or never (its on mp3.com.au) Top band theyv'e played with the porkers in the past and are touring sydney in december.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)