Six Degrees of Separation.. (1 Viewer)

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have good/decent notes on the text Six Degrees of Separation for "Changing Self"? I couldn't find any in the main part of the site so i thought i'd try here.. thanks.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
i guess no one else does Six Degree's of Separation for Area of Study??

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
do you have any decent notes on it? the teacher i had during term one was more like a university lecturer, and rarely made us make notes, therefore i have very little summary of the text besides a few side notes on Wasily Kandinsky and a basic plot summary :rolleyes:

MiSSi

its the film tho is it the same that you studied? its not much

manhatten art dealers ouisa & flan kittredge open their door to a young man named paul who has been stabbed & mugged in central park, their world has been drastically changed forever. paul enchants his hosts with tales of being the son of sidney poiter the greatest black star in movies. paul tryst with the hustler, results in a far-reaching change for the kittredges, their children & friends. their lives are changed dramatically as they learn paul has behaved recklessly and dishonestly, putting their world of wealth & conformity at risk. paul's unknown identity is a constructed one which forces further changes. rick's suicide fundamentally changes paul. it is with rick's death that paul realises his actions have consequences and that he must behave with some awareness of responsibility. paul's prescence affects ouisa potently because she realises how she appears to him by being successful, rick and safe. his high opinion draws her attention to her own feelings of instability and emptiness. paul has changed her from a brittle superficial figure at the beginning to a woman who feels profoundly. paul is a changing character throughout the film as he is an imposter.

hope it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)