Site Accessing problems (1 Viewer)

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Hi,

Until yesterday, I could access hotmail and MSN messenger. Since yesterday I can't access either nor yahoo mail.

I tried with Mozilla and IE, and both don't work..but with other computers on the home network it works, so I'm guessing its something to do with the laptop itself.

I've uninstalled Mozilla and re-installed it again, but still not able to access the login page. Someone said it was a proxy server issue, but it does work with the other computers on the network at home. I've tried backtracking, but I can't remember if I changed any settings at all. Btw, I'm on windows XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
chand

sunny

meh.
HSC
Can you get on the Internet at all from the laptop? Or is it just MSN and Yahoo?

What sort of network have to got set up?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Yes, I can get internet form the laptop, like now I'm on BoS, and other pages, like google and other forums.

Its a home network, one computer's the server for the net, and we get connected to the internet from that. And the computers other then the main server can access hotmail.

sunny

meh.
HSC
When you say you can't get to the site, do you mean the page doesn't load at all and times out?

Try clear your brower's cache and cookies.

See if you can access Hotmail from here: http://207.68.173.245

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Cleared cache and cookies, and its still not working.

Can't access hotmail from that link.

I'm not sure if it times out, but the error messages are
IE- Page cannot be displayed
Mozilla- This document does not contain any data

sunny

meh.
HSC
Chand said:
Cleared cache and cookies, and its still not working.

Can't access hotmail from that link.

I'm not sure if it times out, but the error messages are
IE- Page cannot be displayed
Mozilla- This document does not contain any data

For IE, try these things:

- Make sure the Privacy setting is no higher than Medium
- Do have the newest IE installed with updates?
- Is there any sort of filtering at the server?

This just happened completely randomly?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Ok, I'm checking/doing the IE stuff now. I don't think there is any filtering from the server, because I usually steal the network wire from another computer, to place it on the laptop, and that computers fine.

I went to sleep on Friday night and it didn't work on Saturday morning, but even if I changed some settings on Mozilla, it wouldn't have affected IE, would it? And I re-installed it as well.

Jeez man, my computers stuffed, I can't even access the microsoft page to look for IE updates. :p

Thanks sunny, I think I'll get someone to look at my computer tonight...its probably easier that way. Knowing me, I probably did something myself and not have realised it.

r0wlzi

Banned
Sounds like that virus that went around that disabled any Microsoft products being ued on the internet, usually including XP but it ranges. Double check your antivirus definitions and if they are up to date then try updating windows via the control panel.

I am not too sure what else could be the problem other than something has infected your windows files?

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Ok, I went to a cousin's house and I got into the hotmail login page, and went through my hotmail. I kept the login window opened until I got home, and it goes through to the inbox and everything. But when I tried opening the login window again, it wouldn't work.

r0wlzi

Banned
Hmmmm, listen try and get a virus program called Stinger I think version 2.3 it should get rid of any major internet virii you should have. Download it (small 2.6mb) off someone elses computer run the computer, run adaware and then run a virus checking program like Norton or PC-Cillin, both are very cheap if you dont have them or simply find a means to retrieve them "not so legally".

Stinger should fix it all, its a Norton/Microsoft product that kicks some serious arse, do a Google search.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)