• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Single.. Who has never had a Girlfriend/boyfriend? (1 Viewer)

Bendeguz

HSC
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth I think this 'high and mighty, uppity' form of thought might be why you don't have a boyfriend, missy.

You should pretty yourself up, let your body do the talking, so your mouth doesn't have to, because let's be frank, which guy wants to hear a WOMAN talk all day when a man can do it far more effectively.
I must say I disagree with Mr. Edgeworth. A relationship is a serious business, not to be taken lightly. Although physical attraction is generally desirable amongst both parties and undoubtedly helps draw in the victim, it is a personality which counts in the long term. If such terms can be reached than an enjoyable partaking in activities with the company of the desired other may occur. An attractive person and an attractive body are very different things. Based on the evidence I have been presented with so far, I can tell with honesty that my opinion holds Mr. Edgeworth lacking in the former.

Oh, and for the record: I am XVII, still single (not for lack of pitiful trying) and have come to accept my fate that some people can be loved, whilst others are cursed to eternal romantic loneliness. All things considered, it could be a lot worse…

Atonofrash

HSC
nah miles is pretty much amazing on every level, for one he knows how to use numerals.

To quote John Safran, "people will come and go, that's because of your irritating personality"

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
have come to accept my fate that some people can be loved, whilst others are cursed to eternal romantic loneliness.
Fuck off dumbarse... I hear this a lot and it's a lie. It's not that you can't get a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's that you can't get one that is X (whatever combination of hot, rich, sexy, smart, funny) and aren't willing to lower your standards. Fair enough you might not want a girl you could actually get, but at least admit that's your problem instead of making out like you have no prospects for love at all.

goosiegoo

HSC
Bendeguz said:
I must say I disagree with Mr. Edgeworth. A relationship is a serious business, not to be taken lightly. Although physical attraction is generally desirable amongst both parties and undoubtedly helps draw in the victim, it is a personality which counts in the long term. If such terms can be reached than an enjoyable partaking in activities with the company of the desired other may occur. An attractive person and an attractive body are very different things. Based on the evidence I have been presented with so far, I can tell with honesty that my opinion holds Mr. Edgeworth lacking in the former.

Oh, and for the record: I am XVII, still single (not for lack of pitiful trying) and have come to accept my fate that some people can be loved, whilst others are cursed to eternal romantic loneliness. All things considered, it could be a lot worse…
And you're still single?!? Shocking...

iladys

HSC
Interesting views. I for one have been single my whole life. Not cause I'm stuck up or have high expectations or whatever but I'd rather concentrate on my HSC and school life before I date someone. Guys here aren't that interested in me anyways but that's cool, there's life beyond high school. Besides, I'm not allowed to date till I turn 18 and I turn 18 after HSC so it works out haha.

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
iladys said:
Interesting views. I for one have been single my whole life. Not cause I'm stuck up or have high expectations or whatever but I'd rather concentrate on my HSC and school life before I date someone. Guys here aren't that interested in me anyways but that's cool, there's life beyond high school. Besides, I'm not allowed to date till I turn 18 and I turn 18 after HSC so it works out haha.
Then u must be up for friends with benefits. just joking.

Odette1990

HSC
iladys said:
I know how you feel im exactly the same lol except im doing VCE ...all the same though in the end

Atonofrash

HSC
goosiegoo said:
I have extremely high standards. And now i don't have time to be dating... with the hsc and such.
hate to have a shit life

daham

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
I have been single all my life.
I have never been kissed.
blah blah blah

It can wait till after hsc.
you must have been desperate to get 'hit' when punching a chick in the pussy.

Bendeguz

HSC
Not-That-c said:
Fuck off dumbarse... I hear this a lot and it's a lie. It's not that you can't get a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's that you can't get one that is X (whatever combination of hot, rich, sexy, smart, funny) and aren't willing to lower your standards. Fair enough you might not want a girl you could actually get, but at least admit that's your problem instead of making out like you have no prospects for love at all.
Trust me kind sir/madam, this is not a lie. :mad1:

I cannot bring myself into such a situation because of a number of reasons:

Bendeguz is not physically attractive to women:
--> I am Short.
--> I have thinning hair at XVII
--> I am in the possession of a Hard, cold and serious profile - not warm and enjoyable.
Bendeguz is conservative choice in clothing:
--> I am the only person in my school who not only wears their uniform with pride and keeps it neat, but am also the only one to wear a blazer properly.
--> I wear braces and ties by preference. Not ‘cool’ ones with fancy colours/pattern’s/brands/etc. but simple grey, black or white ones.
--> My choice of headwear ranges from a trilby (aka Fedora for those American inclined) in the winter and a pith helmet in summer*.
Bendeguz places great importance in his psychological appearance:
--> I desire to be seen as a man of responsibility and reliability.
--> I desire to be seen as one who thinks to the future.
--> Am sound in the knowledge that any clumsy attempt at making any approaches towards one whom I am attracted to would be seen as offensive, would humiliate me.
Etc.

This is just the beginning, as I have not even touched on personal cowardice-in-matters-of-the-heart or my political views. The end result no matter how you look at it is a person whom is no fun and unattractive to women in any way. End of story.
Please note that I do not desire pity, reassurance or accuse me of self pity and compliment fishing. If anybody makes the false claim of seeing falsities in the above I shall dismiss it for no more than the ignorance it is, so I request that you do not make such posts. The simple fact of it is I know myself and have accepted my fate. I merely presented the facts for argument and to defend my honour at the accusation of shallowness and being called an intelligent donkey.
So Mr. Smart, you now see the truth. :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
--> I am Short.
--> I have thinning hair at XVII
--> I am in the possession of a Hard, cold and serious profile - not warm and enjoyable.
Bendeguz is conservative choice in clothing:
--> I am the only person in my school who not only wears their uniform with pride and keeps it neat, but am also the only one to wear a blazer properly.
--> I wear braces and ties by preference. Not ‘cool’ ones with fancy colours/pattern’s/brands/etc. but simple grey, black or white ones.
--> My choice of headwear ranges from a trilby (aka Fedora for those American inclined) in the winter and a pith helmet in summer*.
Bendeguz places great importance in his psychological appearance:
--> I desire to be seen as a man of responsibility and reliability.
--> I desire to be seen as one who thinks to the future.
--> Am sound in the knowledge that any clumsy attempt at making any approaches towards one whom I am attracted to would be seen as offensive, would humiliate me.
There are women just as bad if not worse...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
There are women just as bad if not worse...
Sure, but he's clearly gay.
Although Pith helmet!? Balls.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
My standards are set either way too high or way too specific on certain features (mental, physical) etc. I've only even met/seen a few women that would fit those standards, and rejected way too many because they didn't. Help.

tilda-lou

HSC
have sex with a professional and naybe you standards will lower, you need sex and help or maybe just one or the other!
seriously love and relationships are great least you dont get freaked while and one and want to run, experiance things

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
You'll be alone forever if you have set standards and all that crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)