Simple question about essay format (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
hi,

Most people say that you should write your essay, switching between texts and linking them, but not once have I seen a sample essay on the board of studies or study guides etc etc that has done this. All of them have a big block on text 1 then big block on text 2 and then a conclusion to link.

Thanks

ghabi

HSC
depends on module and number of texts in my opinion.

if youve got 2 texts e.g. in Adv. Mod. A "Comparitive study of texts" then there is no way you should do it in blocks

ITimber

HSC
Every sample essay I have looked at for mod a - both on board studies and in study guides give two blocks - one on each text.

kloudsurfer

HSC
ghabi said:
if youve got 2 texts e.g. in Adv. Mod. A "Comparitive study of texts" then there is no way you should do it in blocks
As it is a 'comparative' study it is important that you show the links between the texts rather than writing about them seperately, so integreation is necessary.

However in the other modules and the AoS, it is not as important. You can get a good mark either way. Which ever you feel the most comfortable with.

Btw I have seen top mark sample essays that are integrated, as well as ones that are written in blocks.

Last edited:

ellen.louise

HSC
An intergrated essay is usually seen as a more sophisticated piece: it comes off as a single essay and a single argument rather than many.

But you can technically get top marks either way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)