i always right click on things in internet expolorer and "open in new window"

normally the new window is full screen

lately it has become half screen and i always have to make it bigger

does anyone know how to fix it?

thanks

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
why don't you use another browser like Opera?

sooo much better than IE

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
because i am familiar with ie

and this just started happening. what happened was i had a screen at half size, then i pressed ctrl+n for a new window, so it came up half size, ever since then they have all come up half size, even if i do what i did originally again with the full size windo.

HSC
That's really weird, I just gave it a try and mine creates new windows at the size of the current window when the window is smaller too, but then when I make it bigger again and make a new window it's back to normal size. I guess you've tried rebooting?

fatmuscle

HSC
use myie2 if u prefer IE stuff

or what do they call it now? mathox or something?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ok this was in the paper today :)

Windows remembers the size of the last Internet Explorer window closed and uses this as a guide when opening a new one. Perhaps you have been battling pop-up windows lately. If one of these was the last to beclosed, that's the size Widnows will remember. Next time you choose Open in New Window, try stretching the small window to full size. Drag the edges of the window using the mouse pointer, not the maximise button. Make sure it's the last browser window to be closed. IE should open at this size next time.

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
bah Sarah168 beat me to it.

maximise the window. then close it.. and IE will remember it

sunny

meh.
HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
bah Sarah168 beat me to it.

maximise the window. then close it.. and IE will remember it

Thats the point here...when its maximised, IE won't remember it for windows opened from an existing window. The way thats going around is to make it as big as possible without really maximising it. The tool above detects when an IE window opens, and maximises it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
lol. I know nothing about this type of thing. My post was purely quoted from today's SMH Icon.

nifty03

HSC
I recommend Mozilla Firefox.
heaps easier to use than IE
instead of having a couple of IEs on ur taskbar. u only need 1 firefox and do tab browsing.
once u get used to it it's mad and u'll never want to go back to IE anymore.
plus i heard there r security issues with IE (actually anything microsoft) but firefox has a different architecture, and it blocks out harmful scripts and activeX so it's less likely to get virus and stuff..
ahhh, i am fully selling it.. :p

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
ive usd em all

i still like MYIE2 the best :0

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Firebird when it gets to 1.0 will be ther best, there is nothing it can do and myie can't.
except mabye redender some IE specific pages...

the adblock extension is awesome, just right click on any ad,block, and it disappears forever. You can use wildcards too. can block flash ads and scripts too.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I'm pretty sure there's a workaround to 'open maximised' ... but I can't remember it ;)

If you've opened a window recently at halfsize, or been getting popups, use Google toolbar - its free and effective (although some spyware programs will notice it)

Firefox is my browser of choice due to its sleek figure and attractive name. Oh, yeah, and functionality. The addons don't go astray either ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)