signing out of school question (1 Viewer)

Kain12

HSC
just a few questiosn
can i sign out early and say im going on holidays?

will they ask for proof that im going??

but i still wanna go bakk next yr

laila09

HSC
If you are staying at the same school next year no you cannot sign out.
If you do not want to go and have just finished year 10 you don't have to. The preliminary year does not begin until January.;)

Kain12

HSC
na u can sign out till the end of the year and thn just sign back in
i found out
stuff going back to school wen we finsied all our exams

HSC
Uni Grad
hmm, after reading this I might think of signing out early... but yeah, good thing I'm leaving schools to go to another school next yr =P

Kain12

HSC
y would u study for year 11 seriously

its called holidays
not study time

HSC
Uni Grad
y would u study for year 11 seriously

its called holidays
not study time
that's coz they want to be ahead of the other students so then they can focus on their exam techniques and start yr 12 work earlier... and then in yr 12, spend more time on exam techniques..

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Well you need to complete a certain number of hours in school before you can continue with Year 11. Sometimes schools make it compulsory for students to stay in after SC so that these necessary hours are completed, as there are still some remaining.

At least that's for my school, it could be for others.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Schools are banned from teaching Year 12 HSC content before Term 4 of the Preliminary HSC Year.

So, I'm not sure how you are going to study for Year 11 things... exam technique changes a lot. In Senior Maths, there is NO multiple choice unless you take LOLGeneral and there is no multiple choice for English - period. Maths papers are no longer "Here's the paper, write on it", it is "Here are the questions, get some paper and do it on there".

Besides, studying for Year 11 is pointless - it's either a morale booster, or if you take it seriously, sets you up well for Year 12 in knowing the assumed knowledge.

mynameismaver

HSC
I got to sign out today, just got a letter of leave saying I was returning next year, Which I'm not. Pretty stoked as full got to hang out in conference room today with principal discussing "Future Options"

Kain12

HSC
hah same with my school
we had to say we have a job
so i just got my parents to right a letter saying i have a job
now i got like 9 weeks holidays :)

Jasmiineee

HSC
Im starting my HSC now.
Trust me when i finished the SC, having that break was effing fantastic, cherish it, because it'll never be that easy again.
My school wouldn't let us sign out unless we had a job, but half of the year lied and got out.

If you start studying now for Prelims, you will probably burn yourself out. Once you start yr12 that wasted holiday on studying will be in the back of your mind taunting you for wasteing the little bit of free time you will have had left, depending on your subjects. Prelim & HSC courses, are friggen exhausting, and i've only been doing yr 12 for 4 weeks.

Relax, cause you'll need motivation alot later, and if you don't relax now, there isn't going to be time later to refresh yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)