sigh... more 3d trig (1 Viewer)

naq69

HSC
wen i first got the sheet the question werent that hard
but now with only 3 questions left
its doing my brain in

17. The side of a hill faces due south and is inclined to the horizon at an angle a (alpha). A straight railway upon it is inclined at an angle B (beta) to the horizon. If the bearing of the railway is y (gamma) degrees east of north, show that cosy=cota tanb.

18. An Aeroplane flies horizontally due east at a constants speed of 240km/h. from a point P on the ground the bearing of the plane at one instant is 311*T and 3 minutes later the bearing of the plane is 073*T whilst its elevation then is 21*. if h metres is the altitude of the plane, show that h= 12000 sin 41* tan 21* cosec 58* and calculate h to the nearest metre.

if a is the angle of elevation of the aeroplane at the first point of observation, show that tana= sin 41* tan 21* cosex 17* and find a to the nearest minute.

19. A Person walking along a straight road observes a spire bearing 045*T, the angle of elevation being 5*. After travelling a distance of 5000m, the spire bears 315*T and the angle of elevation is 8*.
Find the height ( i already did dis part) and determine the anlge which the road makes with a line bearing 090*T.

the * represents the degrees
Also, please include the diagram as that will be huge help
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)