Sick what happens??? (1 Viewer)

Living Moment

HSC
I had my trial week last week and this week I have Chem today and Physics on tomorrow and I'm feeling really sick I went docs yesterday he prescribed antibiotics but I feel it’s getting worse so if I get a docs certificate for today and tomorrow will I be able to do trails next week then trial week (when trial is over) or would I be given a median mark? Which will suck because I'm coming first for Chem and 2nd for physics =( on timetable it say Friday catch up day or will I still be able to do it next week my school isn’t that strict?

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
If you provide a doctor's certificate, you will be given the average mark. depends on what the school does as for some subjects, they may let you sit an alternate exam. However, considering they probably haven't got an alternative chem/phys exam, you'll most likely get the average. Get some rest and sit the exam if you aren't feeling too bad since you'll probably end up doing better than average. Call the school early and ask them.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
wouldnt you get an estimate based on your past results? that's how it works in my school im pretty sure

Living Moment

HSC
If you provide a doctor's certificate, you will be given the average mark. depends on what the school does as for some subjects, they may let you sit an alternate exam. However, considering they probably haven't got an alternative chem/phys exam, you'll most likely get the average. Get some rest and sit the exam if you aren't feeling too bad since you'll probably end up doing better than average. Call the school early and ask them.
Thanks brother I'll give them a ring now, see what happens

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No one knows, you will have to ask your school.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The school will have a policy in place for this - but you shouldn't be adversely affected. However it is possible that the school's policy could also include a proviso that a student can't be given an estimated mark that would put them into first place unless the gap is already large e.g. if you are coming first by 10 marks they may allow you to be estimated into first but if it is only by one or two marks the policy might be that you will lose that place (the BOS won't support you if you appealed that if the school has clear policies in place on that issue).

Whatever you do make sure that you have yourself covered with solid doctor's certificates.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on the school but since he/she's coming first it would be likely that he/she gets an estimate
It would be purely unfair to get a median estimate and it would be strong grounds for an estimate for at least a top 5 estimate (assuming there's a relatively large cohort).

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Some schools will give you an estimate based on your past tasks, others make you sit a make up exam, others will let you sit the same exam as long as it's close to when you were originally meant to sit it (i.e day after). Also some schools advise you to sit the exam unless you are on your deathbed, but your performance is taken into consideration that you were ill.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,
I have a similar dilemma.
I got extremely sick during the holidays and I went to doctors and got told I have pneumonia.

Although the antibiotics have helped me get a bit better, I am still pretty lethargic and definitely not up to my level. I also have asthma, and so I've been have asthma attacks about every second night.
I went into Trials thinking I would be fine, but I definitely am not up to my mental performance.
I hate admitting defeat and I definitely don't want to be seen as weak, but I was thinking of putting an illness misadventure form.
But is too late since i have already half completed my trials?

Living Moment

HSC
Hi everyone,
I have a similar dilemma.
I got extremely sick during the holidays and I went to doctors and got told I have pneumonia.

Although the antibiotics have helped me get a bit better, I am still pretty lethargic and definitely not up to my level. I also have asthma, and so I've been have asthma attacks about every second night.
I went into Trials thinking I would be fine, but I definitely am not up to my mental performance.
I hate admitting defeat and I definitely don't want to be seen as weak, but I was thinking of putting an illness misadventure form.
But is too late since i have already half completed my trials?
worst timing eva :mad3: But don't worry about defeat or any of that, if it affect your performance then you sure as hell deserve aligning to give you back your marks to normal
In my case last day is Friday but head teacher said sit one on Friday and the rest on your frees next week, But no way it no to late get what your deserve :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)