• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Sick for exams, what happens? (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
I know a kid who didn't go to any exams/assts at all, he was able to rely on his mum (who was a doctor) to get fraudulent medical certificates. These people fail in the long term, he didnt even make it to uni - so dont worry. Last time i heard he was getting drunk and "trying" to get into tafe - which he failed.
Oh really?

Wouldn't that be illegal on the mothers part?

I thought they would be able to lose there medical licences for things like that?

Evilo

HSC
michael1990 said:
Didn't quite understand what you meant about doctor mum?
me: mum im sick
mum: go to school
me: no i am really sick
mum: gets thermometer, if over 100 Fahrenheit then i can stay @ home.
=result

that is doctor mum

I quite agree. But when you go to a doctor can they really say i can't give you a doctors certificate? Because like you have deemed yourself too unwell to go to school? <Curiousity.
yes, they can refuse you a doctor's certificate. My doc is a tightass, and i know he wont give me one if im not really sick. For this reason, i only go and get a doc certificate if im genuinely sick.

well until i can produce a doctors certificate, then im essentially responsible for not showing up to the exam (i.e. 0 result). If no doctor will give me a doc certificate, then it just shows how un-sick i am and its my own fault - im fucked cos i havent done the exam, and i have nothing to show for it.

Oh no i can see it from both points of view, i just believe most situations would be argued. And not given by the means of a misadventure.
yeah everything can be argued, but at the end of the day, im a pretty good student, i dont get in fights, i get ok marks, i have rocked up to all my exams/assts in the last 7 years, and i have a 99.9% attendance rate... what reasons would they have against me?

Evilo

HSC
Wouldn't that be illegal on the mothers part? yes

I thought they would be able to lose there medical licences for things like that? yes, can i prove it? no.

What goes around comes around anyway -- karma!

Most of the kids who tried to get an advantage in year 12 eventually failed anyway. Seriously they dropped out, got shitfaced instead, or just leeched off their parents.

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
me: mum im sick
mum: go to school
me: no i am really sick
mum: gets thermometer, if over 100 Fahrenheit then i can stay @ home.
=result

that is doctor mum
LMAO Doctor mum sounds like mine.

Evilo said:
yes, they can refuse you a doctor's certificate. My doc is a tightass, and i know he wont give me one if im not really sick. For this reason, i only go and get a doc certificate if im genuinely sick.

well until i can produce a doctors certificate, then im essentially responsible for not showing up to the exam (i.e. 0 result). If no doctor will give me a doc certificate, then it just shows how un-sick i am and its my own fault - im fucked cos i havent done the exam, and i have nothing to show for it.
Yes i agree. But a medical centre and such would give out a medical certificate. It is so bad.

Evilo said:
yeah everything can be argued, but at the end of the day, im a pretty good student, i dont get in fights, i get ok marks, i have rocked up to all my exams/assts in the last 7 years, and i have a 99.9% attendance rate... what reasons would they have against me?
Yeah i don't miss any days at school, unless i have to. Or work.

michael1990

HSC
Evilo said:
Wouldn't that be illegal on the mothers part? yes

I thought they would be able to lose there medical licences for things like that? yes, can i prove it? no.

What goes around comes around anyway -- karma!

Most of the kids who tried to get an advantage in year 12 eventually failed anyway. Seriously they dropped out, got shitfaced instead, or just leeched off their parents.
Yep every dog has its day!

hairyman69

HSC
N/A
So if you have an avergae of like 95 and your shcools policy is to avergae your mark when you are sick does that mean you automatically get 95 no matter how the rest of the cohort does?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)