Shy Guy Situation (1 Viewer)

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Recently I met 2 guys. Guy B is very shy, and I found it difficult to get to know him better.
Guy A is very talkative,
and often teases me about guy B (although I barely spoke to guy B).

e.g.,
A "Would you go out with guy B if he asked you out?" (he asked this more than once, even when I already answered him)

A "(after guy B made a strange facial expression) Oh, that's guy B's face telling you you are attractive"

A "See? Guy B is sitting right across you so he can flirt with you"

Does that mean guy B is interested or was guy A merely joking?

I thought a guy would take some sorta action even if he's shy...Guy B did not take action at all,
so I'm really doubting that A was just joking.

Thanks!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
they're obviously in kahoots

why don't you make a move and see what happens

stickywages

HSC
N/A
they're obviously in kahoots

why don't you make a move and see what happens
I did! I added guy B to FB...he never initiated a chat. Oh, in person he only spoke to me like..once...and he asked about my future plans.
That's all...LOL
He is a decent guy but...can he really be THAT shy?

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
I did! I added guy B to FB...he never initiated a chat. Oh, in person he only spoke to me like..once...and he asked about my future plans.
That's all...LOL
He is a decent guy but...can he really be THAT shy?
That's not a move.

How about you initiate the chat?

Hang around him more often, he will warm up eventually.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
fb means nothing though. It's absolutely possible for a guy to be that shy and in the 21st century we don't have quite as restrictive gender roles so you can make more of an effort with him (unless you're shy???)

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Thank you Blue Suede and Wight.

That's not a move.

How about you initiate the chat?

Hang around him more often, he will warm up eventually.
I'm afraid that he might think I'm chasing him, if I initiate ...
I chased guys 2 times in my life and the situations didn't end up well

Now that I'm moving to another state (though nearby) it's not very likely we can hang out together that much..

stickywages

HSC
N/A
fb means nothing though. It's absolutely possible for a guy to be that shy and in the 21st century we don't have quite as restrictive gender roles so you can make more of an effort with him (unless you're shy???)
Thank you dear Blue Suede . The thing with me is, I'm extremely extroverted in everything but relationship/dating stuff...

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I'm afraid that he might think I'm chasing him, if I initiate ...
I chased guys 2 times in my life and the situations didn't end up well
Just because stuff hasn't worked in the past doesn't mean it won't work in the future. The past is behind you, time to move on!

Now that I'm moving to another state (though nearby) it's not very likely we can hang out together that much..

Better still, you can tell him and if he says he's not interested then you don't have to worry about awkwardly running into him. And if he is interested, you can make the effort to hang out sometimes/skype/msn/phone calls/etc

:)

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC
srs advice: take the initiative. if it works out then great. if it doesn't you'll know why.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys for your advice. You are awesome! I might initiate something soon :)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
guy B is just shy. just work him out of his 'shell' by talking to him. FB --> then come up with a lame excuse to get his number (eg hey FB chat isnt working, text me on 04xxxxxx) then from there you can work out a few things:

if he replies quickly he has a short fuse meaning you'd ask him to something personally eg to the movies 1 on 1 (anything below 5 min reply)
if he has a medium sized fused by replying all over the shop such as straight away then later, ask him to something in a small group (4 or so people)
if he has a long fuse by replying late or not at all, tell him your going out to the club or something with a bunch of friends and that he should come and bring a few friends

then eventually large --> medium --> short fused.

edit: im assuming youre a girl yeah?

Last edited:

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
guy B is just shy. just work him out of his 'shell' by talking to him. FB --> then come up with a lame excuse to get his number (eg hey FB chat isnt working, text me on 04xxxxxx) then from there you can work out a few things:

if he replies quickly he has a short fuse meaning you'd ask him to something personally eg to the movies 1 on 1 (anything below 5 min reply)
if he has a medium sized fused by replying all over the shop such as straight away then later, ask him to something in a small group (4 or so people)
if he has a long fuse by replying late or not at all, tell him your going out to the club or something with a bunch of friends and that he should come and bring a few friends

Doubt it :p

stickywages

HSC
N/A

Thank you! It makes sense to do what you mentioned. Yes, I'm a girl :)

ladiesman217_

(V)(°,,°)(V)
HSC

gay
wonn't work
100% guaranteed

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
why would you want to date someone if they're shy (unless you're asian (let me guess I just answered my own question))

you'll get bored so quickly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)