• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Should we raise the drinking age? (1 Viewer)

Should the drinking age be raised?

• Total voters

pman

Banned
HSC
Drop the drinking age and change the culture that makes us binge drink as teens

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol cmon

why would we want to stop binge drinking, its amazingly fun

there is no social stigma against alcohol like there is with things like weed and pills. and i think the stigma is the main reason most people dont do drugs, therefore alcohol is the next best thing

adults cannot expect teenagers to have a different view on alcohol to them, thats just dumb

beaf

HSC
It should ne lowered. Look at europe, their drinking age for wine and beer is 16 whereas aclchohol they must be 18. They have statistically way less motor vechile accidents and deaths on their road because the freedom of drinking and driving is not all piled into one small time span.

Their violence rates and crime from teenagers and drinking related deaths and injuries are also lower because they are not exposed to alchohol all in one hit but are slowly introduced to it.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
It should ne lowered. Look at europe, their drinking age for wine and beer is 16 whereas aclchohol they must be 18. They have statistically way less motor vechile accidents and deaths on their road because the freedom of drinking and driving is not all piled into one small time span.

Their violence rates and crime from teenagers and drinking related deaths and injuries are also lower because they are not exposed to alchohol all in one hit but are slowly introduced to it.

lol so much bullshit

EUROPE is a highly diverse region with MANY different ages of consent, driving, and alcohol.

they do not have less accidents lol and if they did where did you come up with the idea that that would be the reason?

you literally just made all of that up

flaganarchy

HSC
N/A
lol fibbehr! i sais get ridz of teh lawz n chaynge teh culture

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
I've read a few studies about what alcohol does the both the brain and body while it's still developing (i.e. by all rights, until 21, definitely at least 18) and it's bad, so I am not going to support lowering the drinking age any time soon. 18 is perfect. Raising it it stupid.

fliick

HSC
N/A
I say leave the drinking age at 18, but fuck off the RSA laws.

HSC
The drinking age is just fine the way it is. How can the government want to reduce the voting age to 16 but raise the drinking age to 21?

hectic_lowie

Banned
HSC
Given the increase in alcohol-related violence, do you think it's high time we raised the drinking age back to 21?
wait wait wait

sources plz

i havent seen anything indicating an increase in alcohol related violence lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)