• read but not marked

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • read only if the marker needs/wants to

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

narrator

HSC
N/A
i put tons of work into the journal and it just seemed like such a waste.

i don't think it should be marked, but it would be nice if it was read. it took me a year to complete the work, it would be nice if people knew how much i put into it, plus a lot of stuff could really be easily missed in my work if you don't know it's there

Saul

*ss
HSC
if the marker read my journal, i doubt he/she'd believe i wrote my story.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
my journal cannot justify the enormous amount of work that I've put in. It's really hard for a video student to write a journal because a lot of things were creative process, it wasn't so much of an analytical thing.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Saul
if the marker read my journal, i doubt he/she'd believe i wrote my story.
same. i think in many cases the journal reflects nothing about the process of writing and so on. it's incredibly difficult to track that - i've been writing creatively as a hobby for as long as i can remember, and trying to translate my drafting and editing and even thought processes for the BOS, journal, and RS was near impossible.

basically, i think the journal is completely irrelevant to the quality of the major work. if someone has done an AMAZING mw and their journal is perhaps slightly lacking, i think they still deserve 50. similarly, if someone's handed in a cliched, trite, poorly written piece of shit but their journal is packed with EVERY relevant thought/instance/whatever, they dont necessarily deserve 50.

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
my journal cannot justify the enormous amount of work that I've put in. It's really hard for a video student to write a journal because a lot of things were creative process, it wasn't so much of an analytical thing.
doing a critical response, i personally found it hard to write a journal because it was analytical rather than creative:p there comes a point when there's not much left to say except 'i kept writing, finished part x and started part y'.

narrator

HSC
N/A
i know what you mean, thinking about it, in the beginning i would write in the journal almost every day, but soon i started skipping weeks at a time and would have to catch up later

hi john

Last edited:

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Jinglebell
doing a critical response, i personally found it hard to write a journal because it was analytical rather than creative:p there comes a point when there's not much left to say except 'i kept writing, finished part x and started part y'.

yeha definatley.... i hate writing in my journal..absolutely dread it.....it not not halp meeh to 'reflect' and i had to make up all these bs abt how it has hleped meeh ...so ptless..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by narrator
i put tons of work into the journal and it just seemed like such a waste.

i don't think it should be marked, but it would be nice if it was read. it took me a year to complete the work, it would be nice if people knew how much i put into it, plus a lot of stuff could really be easily missed in my work if you don't know it's there
i'm pretty sure that the markers do read the journals ..? :confused: i mean obviously not word for word, but my teacher last year was saying that they usu read them just outta curiosity

although i think the journal is more a personal thing for u to keep your random thoughts together, only you would be able to make coherence out of it

Leanne

HSC
well i had almost 2 full journals...it would seem such a waste if they didnt even bother to read them... but mind u, they ARE very helpful if used properly....if u re-read past entries and stuff, or when writing ur reflection statement!

narrator

HSC
N/A
we've been told that the journal is only read if there is a question as to the concepts used or the creativity of the work, so most markers don't even bother.

the other thing is, markers only get about an hour to read each work so by the time they read it two or three times plus the rf, there isn't time to read the journal

by the way, anyone doing postmodernism in ext1 check out my new thread on post-postmodernism, i wanna hear your comments

phillipo

HSC
i wrote my journal on Word every week and had it bound in the end along with all my notes and stuff and it was invaluable...i did a critical response and the journal really saved me coz i didn't just write "did this, read this, wrote this" (well I did) but I wrote bits of criticism and analysis so when it came to actually writing the essay I could practically copy and paste most of my journal in!

I dont think it should be marked though, can you IMAGINE how much we would have stressed about it if it WAS marked? I stressed enough about it as it was.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
WHERES THE F****N HELL NO option ?

:spam: should be my sig aye :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I believe that the journal itself should not be marked, and be used merely as a supplementary piece. I was among those who progressively fell into the trap of leaving long gaps between my writings, so that didn't help.

Gamine

I think it should be either marked or not even need to be seen. One extreme or the other (I like extremes :D )
Hmmm... well I spent daaaaaays forging 2 full diaries and they were really quite good (nothing like a bit of self-flattery), so I would've liked them to be marked... I had pictures and everything. Damn markers probably won't even look at them :mad:
Anywhat... blah blah blah... this is the first post I've ever made on the EEX2 forum... let alone this whole site... so yay me for finally coming out of my shell... HUTTAH!!!
And just cos its so damn funny... :jaw:

narrator

HSC
N/A
do you think it makes a difference what format of work you did, i wrote a script but i know the majority do short stories, maybe i should start a new thread, i feel we're opening a whole new can of worms...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)