Should teachers be able to have sexual relations with consenting students? (1 Viewer)

Should they?

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I lost my suit!

HSC
Only if these conditions are met:
1) Only if the teacher is hot
2) Only if u take pics of her after sex when she's passed out from ur hammering and post them around the skool

Russdog

russell
HSC
i'm kind of undecided on this issue and i'm very bad at articulating my thoughts.
so i'll just leave that there.
this is one of the funniest posts i've ever read tbh.
the more i read it the more i lol irl. seriously.

it's just perfectly worded. in the most retarded way possible.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
hahah fuck you man

i'm shit with words, i really am :(

08er

HSC
should be allowed but student can't be in same class as the teacher lol

HSC
Wtf! I am becoming a teacher and i would never ever have sexual realtions with students! It is immoral, disgusting and degrading! Whatever teacher conducts in these sexual relations has no morals!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Wtf! I am becoming a teacher and i would never ever have sexual realtions with students! It is immoral, disgusting and degrading! Whatever teacher conducts in these sexual relations has no morals!
But that's the point of this thread. Why is it those things?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Because they're in a position of authority. The student and parents trust that the teacher's intentions are selfless

pricklygoo

HSC
But the teacher is taking advantage of the students trust!!! They have HYPNOTISED the student, clearly.

look if you say you're in support of it, you're clearly a pedophile
True, But, if the student consents, they obviously want it not because they are hypnotised but because the teacher is fuckin hot and most of time time pretty young, be pretty bad if some pork 14 yr muppet was hooking in with a 72 yr olf bingo flapped english teacher. Thats aggravated sexual assualt for sure.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
The harm is that there's a bias in their marking standards and the school will be seriously disrupted by students/parents questioning this. Sure you can draw an analogy between this and an employer screwing one of his employees, but I feel the difference here would be that.

- Kids have to go to school and the majority are basically stuck at their one public school.
- It's the employers decision to have such ruccus in his business... For a better analogy we could think of a business run by shareholders, many of whom are employees and families of the employee's. Would those shareholders want the sort of situation that would occur with that employer screwing around with an employee? I doubt it.

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
i think it is totally unacceptable, if they really feel that way then they can use maturity and self control and wait until the kid is out of school or at least 18 which is not so much of a wait. There is an abuse of power especially when male teachers hit on girls and i still think that any teacher who wants someone so young must obviously have issues. Besides schools have a duty of care.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
No. The power imbalance is an issue but ultimately the school and the teachers are entrusted with a duty of care over students. Student-teacher sex (though potentially hot) violates that duty of care.

My argument is potentially invalidated by the concept of an emancipated student, e.g. one without a guardian who has placed them into the schools duty of care....

Also it is worth noting that whilst not illegal student-lecturer relationships in uni and workplace relationships which go up (rather than across) the heirarchy are frowned on and will likely cost people their jobs.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I tend to disagree with the agreeing, agreed?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Because they're in a position of authority. The student and parents trust that the teacher's intentions are selfless
Does that mean no-one is allowed to sleep with a cop, a judge or a politician?

Well, the latter I can understand. We don't want to encourage them breeding.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
No one should sleep with these people in the course of their duty, yes. The power imbalance clouds consent

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
No students sleep with the teachers at school.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sure they do, but the consent with school children is more acute because they are bred to always be obedient to such authority

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)