Should Muslim Holidays be recognised in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um... this:

We don't have an official declared religion, except that which we inherited from the Queen (which doesn't have any real effect here). In practice, we are a secular nation with a majority Christian demographic. We are not a Christian nation.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so... what exactly are you saying, Sidicious-Reign? Deport all ethnics?

That brings forward another debate, who do you consider australian?

I'm muslim, born in denmark, pakistani parents, came to australia when i was 3 weeks old.
I consider myself australian (also i often disagree with Keysar Trad's stuff).

Do i get deported too?

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
so... what exactly are you saying, Sidicious-Reign? Deport all ethnics?

That brings forward another debate, who do you consider australian?

I'm muslim, born in denmark, pakistani parents, came to australia when i was 3 weeks old.
I consider myself australian (also i often disagree with Keysar Trad's stuff).

Do i get deported too?
do you like beer?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You're fine. You've obviously fit in, not trying to be all change this place to my homeland to further great alah etc.

I have absolutely no problem with ethnic people. Problems begin when they try change the country that has invited them in, to the country they came from.

But shit, no beer? Walking a fine line :p
ahh, i see :)
i agree with you.

yea i do disagree with soooooooo many things that keyser trad comes up with.

i mean, islam is a minority, and with my previously mentioned reason, there's no point in having a public holiday for eid.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
You're fine. You've obviously fit in, not trying to be all change this place to my homeland to further great alah etc.

I have absolutely no problem with ethnic people. Problems begin when they try change the country that has invited them in, to the country they came from.

But shit, no beer? Walking a fine line :p
what if this change was largely positive? or would improve the quality of life of another ethnic group while barely impacting on the majority?

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
Personal opinion douche. If it doesn't conform to your view of an intelligent post, then fine, douche.
This act of kicking out people is a deed of unjustifiable aggression— the right to life and freedom is violated of the highest order - an aggression that you are trying somehow justify in a shit way. Who are you? or who is anyone to force another being to leave his own property and move to a foreign place? All this for the better of society” or “country,” then we must retort: Who is this “society” or this “country” that is being used to justify coerceful removal of minorities?“Society” and “country” are in this case mythical abstractions that are being used to cloak the naked use of coercion to remove the natural rights of people. Soon this same "society" and "country" will removing rights that you hold so dearly. Anyways, don't you dare claim that this "country" is yours. You do not "own" anything other than yourself and any physical items that you have acquired - be it a piece of land or the computer you are typing from. Beyond that, you do not own anything. Nothing. Zilch.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um thats why we're 'MuLtIcUlTuRaL'.

and no one's saying that burka'ing up chicks is gonna be the proposed change, or if there's gonna be a change at all.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
the 'women want to raped' is an extremest view and doesnt represent the majority of the muslim community.
i think change is fine, but i'm also a secularist.

but, if someone is offended by a Christmas tree in the class room thats ridiculous, but i also believe someone offended by a child wearing a hijab in the classroom is ridiculous.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
This act of kicking out people is a deed of unjustifiable aggression— the right to life and freedom is violated of the highest order - an aggression that you are trying somehow justify in a shit way. Who are you? or who is anyone to force another being to leave his own property and move to a foreign place? All this for the better of society” or “country,” then we must retort: Who is this “society” or this “country” that is being used to justify coerceful removal of minorities?“Society” and “country” are in this case mythical abstractions that are being used to cloak the naked use of coercion to remove the natural rights of people. Soon this same "society" and "country" will removing rights that you hold so dearly. Anyways, don't you dare claim that this "country" is yours. You do not "own" anything other than yourself and any physical items that you have acquired - be it a piece of land or the computer you are typing from. Beyond that, you do not own anything. Nothing. Zilch.
You AnCap motherfucker, I love you.

Freedom_

Banned
HSC
N/A
If we have INVITED you into our country, .

who is :"our". Sorry for my ignorance but the term undertones the idea that you actually own a proportion of this continent.

granted you the privilege of living here- do not cry if you then disrespect the hand that feeds..

The only person that feeds me is myself. Not the government.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Fuck the dirt farmers and fuck public holidays. Businesses should be able to do what they want when they want to. It is their property and their right to open any day they feel they will turn a profit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)