Should marijuana be legalised? (1 Viewer)

gerhard

HSC
im pretty sure optophobia hsa little experience with people smoking up. it is similar to alcohol in the extent that you can smoke a little bit, and get a little effect, (just like drinking until you get a buzz), or smoke heaps and get crazy stoned (just like drinking until really pissed).

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Its a tough call to say people are allowed to do what they want. To an extent they are, I dont really give a shit about people OD on heroin because a dead body is easy to clean up, a vegetable needing care for the rest of his life off my tax money is a problem.

Should people be allowed to do what they want because its their body? I am not so sure. The thing is drugs dont just affect the users. This debate might be going out of the scope of the thread, because most of these arguments can be used for all illicit drugs in general.

If someone dies from Heroin, sure i dont give a shit but their families might, theres also the loss to the ecconomy, which they could have been productively working in. Not to mention what taking hard drugs leads to, a life in the gutter with crime for your next hit.

There is no way hard drugs should ever be legalised and infact i draw my line a little closer in some regards than the law does. Personally, if someone is all drugged up its not really going to bother me, sure smoke a joint 2 feet away from me, its not my problem. Making it legal is a different matter though

Theres the issue of schizophrenia[sp?] aswell, people with a predisposition can get fucked up from simply getting high.

ice wind(spellchecked) said:
yes, i think it should be legalised...for medicinal purposes. if u wanna stop people abusing this stuff...overdosing on it, and smoking impure stuff mixed with god knows what, and stop prisons from overflowing...yes u should legalise it...with the correct dosage labelling & stuff...

anyways...it's already a multi-million dollar industry...why not just let it come to the surface for the right purposes...
Medicinal purposes is different, thats allready legal. I dont think impurities and contamination is such a bad thing, it can scare people off it maybe. The issue of prisons overflowing is different. What you are talking about is decriminalising it. i agree with this, as does optophobia[who is going into the police force] and a few others.
Possibly another strategy would be alternative punishments like fines, community service or getting shipped up to cairns to work on some plantations for a few months[seen as they are hiring overseas, we would be better off using our own slave labour]

Anectdotally ive seen some people fucked up from drugs. Why is it that most stoners are stupid? where they like that in the first place [ i .e dumb enough to think smoking wont hurt you] or did the weed do it to them?

davin

HSC
N/A
well, serius, by the simple logic that it could impact others, i can see legislation prohibiting tobacco and alcohol as well, plus fatty foods, unsafe sex, any sport with a high accident risk, abortion, and cars that can potentially drive faster than the speed limit.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
did i say that was the issue? no

what i said was the issue isnt just about yourself[as some people have said], and just because it is your body doesnt mean it wont impact on others

davin

HSC
N/A
of course it can effect others, but there is, effectivly, virtually nothing one can do that will not impact others. thats the nature of the world.

i'm just saying that the simple fact taht doing something to yourself impacts others doesn't rule that out. its not the same as doing something that directly causes physical harm to others. gov't shouldn't be legislating based on the idea that people would care, because that can be applied to absurd circumstances as well.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
serius: medicinal use of marijuana or its derivatives is not legal atm..

HSC
I never said it wasnt harmful all i said was that it is natural its part of nature-i also neva said to over use it either -so no need to call me a 'moron' lol calm down -all i doin is sayin its innate-mother nature made it 4 us to use just like any other plant

otay

HSC
Yeah we should legalise....and then tax the fuck out of it. That way you won't have people goin to their nearest drug dealer to buy it (and potential other more harmful drugs) and then the cost to society (such as health bills) will be countered by the tax imposed. Why do you think cigarrettes haven't been made illegal? You reckon the government could handle losing that much money in tax?? It's how they "afford" (separate issue) tax cuts to appease voters.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
I never said it wasnt harmful all i said was that it is natural its part of nature-i also neva said to over use it either -so no need to call me a 'moron' lol calm down -all i doin is sayin its innate-mother nature made it 4 us to use just like any other plant
so? "mother nature" made iron for us to use, and we use it to make bullets

you really are a moron

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
serius: medicinal use of marijuana or its derivatives is not legal atm..
really? damn must just be in other countries. I knew it was controversial but an outright ban? ouch

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
No.

It's a drug.

Drugs are fucked.

Drugs should be illegal.

I used to think it should be legalised. Then I woke up to myself. Weed fucks you up, you just don't know it yet.

ice_wind

HSC
tako said:
No.

It's a drug.

Drugs are fucked.

Drugs should be illegal.

I used to think it should be legalised. Then I woke up to myself. Weed fucks you up, you just don't know it yet.
yeah, and so are alcohol, tobacco and codeine. marijuana, actually has medicinal uses...if it's used properly, u shud have nothing to be afraid of anyway!!!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ice_wind said:
yeah, and so are alcohol, tobacco and codeine. marijuana, actually has medicinal uses...if it's used properly, u shud have nothing to be afraid of anyway!!!
Fuck the medicinal uses, if its not needed like i am sure they are other substitues that doctors uses.

Marijuana legalise it like RECREATIONAL DRUG like Ciggys.

Justin

HSC
I'm yet to meet one normal pot head.. They are all depressed idiots who can't see the beauty in anything.

tako

tako one adlay.
HSC
ice_wind said:
The drug is illegal because obviously there is no safe way to use marijuana.

Alcohol, tobacco, etc, are heavily reguated. They have restrictions on how they are sold, who they are sold to, strengths, etc etc etc. If you are saying marijuana is safe, you are obviously wrong, otherwise it would be legallised and regualted.

But seeing as though it's a dirty, addictive, scummy fucking drug, it is illegal, as it should be.

And Codeine (sp?) has medicinal uses, you twit.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
For the 2nd time, argument from the legality of alcohol and cigarettes is not logical because one harmful substance being legal is not a valid reason for making other harmful substances legal.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
For the 2nd time, argument from the legality of alcohol and cigarettes is not logical because one harmful substance being legal is not a valid reason for making other harmful substances legal.
why not? the law has decided that individuals are allowed to make their own decisions regarding cigarettes and alcohol. why is it not logical that individuals are not allowed to make their own decisions regarding other drugs?

asscookie

dork.
HSC
crazyhomo said:
so you are for legalizing use, but not the sale? firstly, there are already, in australia, many restrictions on advertising alcohol, while cigarrettes cannot be advertised at all. why do you think pot would be any different? and secondly, would you prefer the dealers to be criminals? wouldn't it be far more beneficial if legitimate companies could sell pot? there would be a much better labelling (for safe use), as well as a higher quality product

Hmmm...

I think what I meant is that we should adopt the drug policy that the Netherlands currently has in place, where they've got marijuana use as being somewhere between legalization and decriminalization.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
tako said:
No.

It's a drug.

Drugs are fucked.

Drugs should be illegal.

Im with you man.
All the way
Get rid of all drugs

lets start with this caffeine shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)