Should I worry? (1 Viewer)

Shazer2

HSC
Should I worry about studying much for these upcoming holidays? I believe it'll be beneficial for me, since I'm behind in a few of my subjects but I'm not sure if I should study or just catch up on work.

Apparently these holidays are time for relaxation before the massive workload in Year 12.

deswa1

HSC
Honestly, I didn't and I don't think you really need to kill yourself now- just relax and enjoy your last real holidays. That being said, if you feel you are behind, it will probably make sense to catch up and enter Y12 on the same level as everyone else. The trick with HSC is just consitency- if you put in some effort throughout the year, it actually is no where near as hard or stressful as everyone cracks it up to be. The problem is leaving everything too late and then BOOM, you're stuffed. Good luck bro

Shazer2

HSC
Yeah thanks guys, that was the plan anyway. I'm afraid I'm not going to have enough time to catch up to the level where I'd like to be. For example, I basically know nothing about economics (I know basics), business is alright but I can definitely read more about it, I'm fine with software (need to do constant revision), English I need to remember texts/quotes/techniques, maths I need to revise to remember how to do everything.

Also, would you suggest keeping the subject I want to drop now, for the first term of year 12 to see how it goes?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah thanks guys, that was the plan anyway. I'm afraid I'm not going to have enough time to catch up to the level where I'd like to be. For example, I basically know nothing about economics (I know basics), business is alright but I can definitely read more about it, I'm fine with software (need to do constant revision), English I need to remember texts/quotes/techniques, maths I need to revise to remember how to do everything.

Also, would you suggest keeping the subject I want to drop now, for the first term of year 12 to see how it goes?
Good news for software, virtually none of the theory is needed - it will be re-learnt anyway. (Coding skills however is). I would say keep for Term 1. I was looking to drop SDD then, but realised it was actually a subject I liked. Besides Year 12 courses are different from Year 11.

HSC
What I'll suggest is what I'm doing. Enjoy these last holidays, Work out your organization, Work on weaker subjects (I'll be reading ahead a few dot points for chem)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh guys one more thing to add. GET LOTS OF STATIONERY (Folders etc. Trust me by Term 1, your rooms will be messy)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Read the textbook if you want although don't do anything more than that.

Basically if you are super bored and have nothing better to do, then read the book. Otherwise, no.

Shazer2

HSC
Good news for software, virtually none of the theory is needed - it will be re-learnt anyway. (Coding skills however is). I would say keep for Term 1. I was looking to drop SDD then, but realised it was actually a subject I liked. Besides Year 12 courses are different from Year 11.
Yeah, I'm fine for software. Since I've been developing outside of school for a while now, most of the theory I know about. My teacher also mentioned that we basically do the Year 11 course again, but go into more depth.

I'm looking at dropping engineering (really don't like it), but I think I'll stick it out for one more term just to see how it goes. It's between that and economics, which I'm trying to make my mind up about. I'm really terrible at both, but if I can manage to get better at economics even if I can only get a 70, it's going to scale better.

Shazer2

HSC
Oh guys one more thing to add. GET LOTS OF STATIONERY (Folders etc. Trust me by Term 1, your rooms will be messy)
Another good point! I was thinking of getting a folder for every subject, to put past work into.

Magical Kebab

HSC
I'm not doing ANY work these holidays.
I'll just be preparing for year 12 (ie books, room etc)

Shazer2

HSC
I really need to organise my room so it's efficient. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)