Should I stop studying for my worst subject if I do 12 units (1 Viewer)

Robrules3

HSC
Hello people, I do 12 units and my worst subject is maths (both ranking and marks wise), is it a good idea to stop studying for this (especially for my maths trials on thursday, where i have 2 exams and the 2nd exam is my strongest subject) so I can focus on my other, stronger subjects?

jjuunnee

HSC
focus on your other subjects if maths is your worst subject by far

entartung

HSC
focus on your other subjects if maths is your worst subject by far
What would you recommend if i'm only on 10 units? In all my subjects i'm ranking in the top 30% of cohort, except for general. I'm 14/16 in general and my friend is 13/16 so i know there's a really big gap between me and her so i'm probably not going to catch up.

And yup, studying time is extremely tight.

I'm just worried i'll drop to last, and i know the students below me aren't extremely studious so i'm just concerned that i'll get the last external mark, even if i do better in externals than internals. Hoping for atar of 90, i'm aware general scales really badly.

JaxsenW

HSC
If, by far it is your worst, it would make sense to focus on other subjects. Despite this, if it's your worst but not by much, and your other subjects are lower scaling, it could be beneficial to put time into maths as it will scale well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Robrules3

HSC
If, by far it is your worst, it would make sense to focus on other subjects. Despite this, if it's your worst but not by much, and your other subjects are lower scaling, it could be beneficial to put time into maths as it will scale well.

My maths marks average to around 60's at the moment, my next worst is physics (but I know I will do better in this for trials + it scales better), the rest of my subjects, although lower scaling, are band 5's and 6's

JaxsenW

HSC
My maths marks average to around 60's at the moment, my next worst is physics (but I know I will do better in this for trials + it scales better), the rest of my subjects, although lower scaling, are band 5's and 6's
Then I think yes, it makes sense to focus in your other subjects. Make sure you understand concepts to a decent enough level still however, as some of it will help with other subjects (ie if you do 2U, the applications of calculus topic helps with physics, etc.)

jjuunnee

HSC
What would you recommend if i'm only on 10 units? In all my subjects i'm ranking in the top 30% of cohort, except for general. I'm 14/16 in general and my friend is 13/16 so i know there's a really big gap between me and her so i'm probably not going to catch up.

And yup, studying time is extremely tight.

I'm just worried i'll drop to last, and i know the students below me aren't extremely studious so i'm just concerned that i'll get the last external mark, even if i do better in externals than internals. Hoping for atar of 90, i'm aware general scales really badly.
well if it's your worst then it won't count towards your atar anyway, and i even suggest dropping it before externals so you don;t have to worry about sitting the exam (unless if you reckon you could smash externals and thus do better than one of your other subjects?)

also, if you were on 10units im hoping that maths isnt one of them haha!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)