should I start english adv tutoring year 11? coaching college or private tutor? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Our school doesn't offer standard English for year 11 or 12, and so everyone is basically forced to do advanced english.

I just got my Eng advanced marks back and for the writing section, I got 11/15 for an assessment following a stimulus. Thankfully, there was another part to the assessment and for that part I got full marks which boosted up my mark. However, I'm concerned for my writing skills as I've heard english only gets harder as the years go up.

I'm wondering whether english tutoring is really worth the money, as I'm already doing 2 expensive tutoring classes for maths and physics.

If it is worth the money, is coaching college or private tutoring better?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Our school doesn't offer standard English for year 11 or 12, and so everyone is basically forced to do advanced english.

I just got my Eng advanced marks back and for the writing section, I got 11/15 for an assessment following a stimulus. Thankfully, there was another part to the assessment and for that part I got full marks which boosted up my mark. However, I'm concerned for my writing skills as I've heard english only gets harder as the years go up.

I'm wondering whether english tutoring is really worth the money, as I'm already doing 2 expensive tutoring classes for maths and physics.

If it is worth the money, is coaching college or private tutoring better?
I think year 11 (and also year 10 but moreso y11) is the year where you get to see your current level at english and improve, so whether you want to get a tutor or not is up to you, based on what you think is best for you to be all set for year 12. personally I didn't have a tutor in year 11 and did all the grunt work myself, and I did much better than all my friends who did have tutors, so it's just based on what you think will make you improve and put in the effort

if you put the effort to improve your writing skills and your written expression in year 11, it pays off so much in year 12. if you are really struggling with the way you write essays then the best place to fix that is to get tons of extensive feedback. if you're unable to ask your teacher, then a private tutor would be best who works through what you need to improve on. I'd say a group place would be good only if you're struggling with content (which is honestly much better to fix than the writing skills themselves) or the tutors available are super super pricey (which isn't really a reason imo since all the group places are pricey too)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)