Should i start accounting through OUA over UTS:Insearch or TAFE? (1 Viewer)

mikelove

HSC
I want to do professional accounting and get a CPA

I like that the credits at OUA are acknowledged by UAC and hence i think any university. Also it's cheap and HECS supported. I was thinking i could do a semester or two through OUA while looking for work before applying through formal universities again and have money lined up. I've been looking at University of South Australia, but i' don't really know much about OUA or any of this.

I got a UTS:insearch offer and it is over four times the cost of a normal subject and doesn't have HECS support. This is also the same for TAFE but tafe is not as expensive. Not sure what the pros and cons are.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
You are likely to have to redo all/some of the units (core) that you have do at OAU unless you can count them as electives as you will need to do specific subjects at UTS/ Macquarie etc to meet the tertiary requirements for entry into the CPA programme. I would suggest talking to a student adviser at UTS who can help you with credit transfers if you go down the OUA route. Credits that are acceptance really varies University to University so you aren't guaranteed they will be covered.

Whereabouts are you located?

UTS:insearch offer has the benefit that if you pass those subjects you will be automatically able to enrol into UTS. Completing OAU units won't necessarily mean you will be able to transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)