• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
My work just upped my hours, and now they're forcing me to work 3 afternoons as opposed to 1-2. That's a ridiculous amount of work for hsc. So what do y'all think about me quitting my job? Here are the pros and cons of me leaving anyway:

Pros:
  • I already have quite a bit of cash in the bank from working for 2 years
  • Instead of having a work-life balance, I currently have work-work balance which sounds like burnout waiting to happen. No point busting my ass off for neo-liberalism when I could be at the beach
  • Also it just genuinely seems like a sacrifice of atar points
Cons:
  • My coworkers are pretty much my only interaction with the female gender (ik the situation is pretty dire 💀)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Have you had a chat with them about why they did that and/or your situation being in the hsc?

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Have you had a chat with them about why they did that and/or your situation being in the hsc?
sort of. Since i joined they have always had an expectation of 3 shifts a week, but somehow i slid under that radar. When i cut my availability at the end of the summer holis they realised i was only working 1 afternoon a week beforehand lol

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
sort of. Since i joined they have always had an expectation of 3 shifts a week, but somehow i slid under that radar. When i cut my availability at the end of the summer holis they realised i was only working 1 afternoon a week beforehand lol
Fair enough. Well if you can handle it I’d keep it however if they are unaccomadatong to your situation, I’d quit. Given your scenario.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
My work just upped my hours, and now they're forcing me to work 3 afternoons as opposed to 1-2. That's a ridiculous amount of work for hsc. So what do y'all think about me quitting my job? Here are the pros and cons of me leaving anyway:

Pros:
  • Instead of having a work-life balance, I currently have work-work balance which sounds like burnout waiting to happen. No point busting my ass off for neo-liberalism when I could be at the beach
Cons:
  • My coworkers are pretty much my only interaction with the female gender (ik the situation is pretty dire 💀)
damn i won't see you then

Realstudytips

HSC

Pros:
Cons:
work being ur only interactions with females is outrageous ☠ don't loose hope though I believe in u 😭 also yeah u should quit cuz ur pros outweigh ur cons anyway and u can pick up a job in like three terms so might as well grind ur atar

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
you might be able to take time off, my work let me take a few months off for the trials/hsc and I know some coworkers who took the entirety of year 12 off (and I’m technically taking this uni year as leave too)

if you can’t do that then yeah sure quit but it’s worth asking

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC

Pros:
Cons:
If your only con is women then my answer to you is bros before hoes

harperissleepy

HSC

Pros:
Cons:
you can talk to nat on the bus
quit your job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)